PictureSync Updated for Tiger|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Monday, June 20, 2005 - 11:35 EDT)
The Macintosh image uploader adds a number of new features with this Tiger-compatible update.
Holocore (http://www.holocore.com) has updated PictureSync, its $14 Macintosh utility to simplifiy batch uploading of photos and video clips to online services. The new version adds Tiger compatibility and a number of new features.
The company described the revision as "a milestone in the development of PictureSync -- with new functionality and services whilst also taking advantage of some 'under the hood' Tiger technologies. It is compatable with both 10.3 and 10.4."
- YouTube (for movies only)
- Real PhotoVideo
- FTP servers
- Folders (for export)
NEW APPLICATION FEATURES
- Annotation editor
- RAW import [10.4]
- XMP import (with improved IPTC import)
- Online IDs and upload status (IDs) are now remembered for all pictures [10.4]
- Reverse the import order
- Restrict upload bandwidth usage
- A new icon.
NEW SERVICE FEATURES
- If you get error messages when uploading or accessing the settings, please try deleting your account(s) then re-create them
- Variables and annotations for keywords/tags in the settings must now be separated with commas, otherwise they will not be treated as separate values
- $product is now $object
- The annotation suppression preference has been removed (similar functionality will be restored in the next version)
- Other tweaks and bug fixes.
Visit http://holocore.com/?PictureSync to download the latest version.