|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: Iridient Digital Releases RAW Developer 1.4.6 Update for Mac OS X
The RAW Developer 1.4.6 maintenance update contains the following important changes:
- Support added for Canon 1D Mark II N.
- Official support added for Nikon D70s (previously this model worked, but used generic settings).
- Supported added for Leaf Aptus 75.
- Default white balance presets (Daylight, Tungsten, etc) are now included for all supported Leaf and Phase One digital backs. The White Balance by Color Temperature option is now automatically enabled for these cameras.
- New default settings for all Leaf and Phase One digital backs. The camera defaults for these digital backs now should be able to be used with the manufacturer's ICC camera profiles without having to make major changes to the default camera tone curves.
- Improved detection and elimination of "dead" column for Phase One P45.
RAW Developer system requirements:
- Use of Open Recent menu for opening previous selected images now works correctly on Mac OS X 10.3.9.
- Batch settings options for image resizing by maximum and/or minimum size are now properly remembered across application launches.
- Close selected images now closes all selected images properly.
Previously if some of the selected files were edited, but others were not, and Save All was chosen the edited files would be closed, but the unedited files would be left open.
- ISO metadata is now correctly read from more Nikon NEF files, previously some NEF files would have the ISO value set incorrectly (usually to ISO 200).
- Automatic image rotation works correctly for more Nikon NEF files, previously some NEF files (usually NEF files that had been saved by Nikon Capture or Picture Project) would not be automatically rotated into the proper orientation.
- The Curves channel popup menu now properly shows the selected channel on initial display. With RAW Developer 1.4.5 this popup menu would initially show a blank selection rather than the proper channel (RGB, etc).
RAW Developer 1.4.6 is a free update for all currently registered users. New licenses can be purchased for $99.95US directly through the application itself or from our web store.
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
- PowerPC G4 or G5 processor.
- QuickTime 6.4 or later.
RAW Developer is an advanced digital camera RAW image processing and conversion application which offers outstanding image quality. RAW Developer is designed and optimized specifically for Mac OS X and provides the ability to view, non-destructively edit and convert RAW image file formats from over 100 digital camera models. RAW Developer offers numerous processing adjustments, many of which are unavailable in any other RAW image converters, including:
RAW Developer 1.4 was recently awarded a "Highly Recommended" rating from Digital Outback Photo. The full review can be found here:
- Very high quality RAW demosaicing algorithms for incredible image detail.
- Flexible white balance controls including white balance dropper tool, up to 8 custom presets, full 3 channel RGB color balance controls and Kelvin correlated color temperature adjustment.
- Fast, flexible batch processing.
- Fully multi-threaded to take maximum advantage of dual processor and dual core systems.
- CIELab based unsharp mask sharpening, hybrid sharpening and advanced chroma noise reduction.
- Curves, curves and more curves. 11 total custom tone curves available, including individual color channels and CIELab, all simultaneously!
- Very high quality Lanczos based image resizing.
- Image rotation and straighten tools.
- Completely customizable color managed processing pipeline
- Unlimited undo/redo support.
- Multiple advanced monochrome ("black&white") conversion options including custom duotones and full channel mixer support.
RAW Developer 1.4 was reviewed by photographer Alain Briot here:
RAW Developer 1.4 also received a very positive review from MacGuardians (in German only):
(First posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 at 20:47 EST)