|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: Iridient Digital Releases RAW Developer 1.4.7 Update for Mac OS X
The RAW Developer 1.4.7 maintenance update contains the following important changes:
- Support added for Canon 30D
- Support added for Olympus E-330
- Much improved detection and elimination of "dead" columns and "dead" pixels for Phase One digital backs
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
- PowerPC G4 or G5 processor
- QuickTime 6.4 or later
RAW Developer 1.4.7 is a free update for all currently registered users. New licenses can be purchased for $99.95 directly through the application itself or from the company's Web store.
RAW Developer is an advanced digital camera RAW image processing and conversion application which offers outstanding image quality. RAW Developer is designed and optimized specifically for Mac OS X and provides the ability to view, non-destructively edit and convert RAW image file formats from over 100 digital camera models. RAW Developer offers numerous processing adjustments, many of which are unavailable in any other RAW image converters, including:
- Very high quality RAW demosaicing algorithms for incredible image detail.
- Flexible white balance controls including white balance dropper tool, up to 8 custom presets, full 3 channel RGB color balance controls and Kelvin correlated color temperature adjustment.
- Fast, flexible batch processing.
- Fully multi-threaded to take maximum advantage of dual processor and dual core systems.
- CIELab based unsharp mask sharpening, hybrid sharpening and advanced chroma noise reduction.
- Curves, curves and more curves. 11 total custom tone curves available, including individual color channels and CIELab, all simultaneously!
- Very high quality Lanczos based image resizing.
- Image rotation and straighten tools.
- Completely customizable color managed processing pipeline
- Unlimited undo/redo support.
- Multiple advanced monochrome ("black&white") conversion options including custom duotones and full channel mixer support.
(First posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2006 at 17:04 EDT)