PRESS RELEASE: World-Renowned Photographer Kevin Ames Set to Teach Nationwide Pro Digital Workflow Seminar Series Presented by Blue Pixel
Attendees Will Benefit Greatly from Hearing Valuable Secrets of Professional Digital Imaging Workflow First-Hand
Annapolis, MD – June 27, 2006 – Still trying to strike the balance of efficient digital photography workflow and ending up with high-quality results? Learn how as Blue Pixel presents the Pro Digital Workflow Tour with Kevin Ames. Beginning Sunday, September 17 in Washington, D.C., talented digital photographer and author Kevin Ames will teach professional and advanced amateur photographers how to get the most out of their digital photography using the fewest steps for the least amount of work, by improving their digital workflow.
Hitting 16 cities in 2006-2007, this one-day seminar is designed to take professionals and advanced amateurs through the process that comes after the photo has been captured – including downloading and renaming images, adding metadata, backing up photos to bulletproof archives, color management, cataloging, distribution and printing. Every step of the process will be discussed and explained in detail so attendees can improve their own digital imaging experience and get back behind their viewfinders and away from their computers.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Transfer dozens, hundreds or even thousands of pictures from camera memory cards efficiently to a working drive and a backup drive at the same time
- Rename, add metadata and enhance digital negatives before burning them to permanent media
- Adjust color and exposure in both RAW and JPEG
- Contrast, tone controls, retouching images
- Edit photos in Photoshop non-destructively using layers, layer masks and best practices to have unlimited undos forever
- Learn retouching, black and white conversion and toning techniques in Photoshop
- Select and distribute photos efficiently on the Internet, through email, on CD/DVD or portable hard drives and on custom proof sheet prints
- Produce professional-quality prints using simple color management in Photoshop
- Color-manage your entire workflow simply, from camera to output
- Make storing and cataloging of your photos bulletproof, for easy retrieval tomorrow, next month or years in the future
“My intent is to inform attendees of the many ways to execute these tasks quicker through automation, but without sacrificing quality,” said Ames. “Digital photography is about capturing images and the Pro Digital Workflow tour is about minimizing the time spent processing those images and data, so the professional has more time to shoot more and better images. This seminar will help professional and serious amateur photographers simplify their digital workflow, giving them the ability to share higher quality images with their clients, in turn giving them more time for more assignments.”
A testament to Ames’ digital photography talent and teaching skills is his Dream Team instructor status at the annual Photoshop World. The Las Vegas show later this year marks the 9th time he’s participated at this level. In addition, his third book on the art of digital photography, Photoshop CS2: The Art of Photographing Women, and his fourth book The Digital Photographer's Notebook: Practical Tips for Professional Photoshop Users hits shelves on August 17 and October 12, respectively.
September 17 Washington, DC
September 24 San Francisco, CA
October 1 Boston, MA
October 7 Dallas, TX
October 15 Denver, CO
October 22 New York, NY
October 29 St. Louis, MO
November 12 San Diego, CA
November 19 Seattle, WA
December 3 Phoenix, AZ
December 10 Miami, FL
January 7 Chicago, IL
January 14 Los Angeles, CA
January 28 Baltimore, MD
February 4 San Jose, CA
February 11 New York, NY
*Subject to change
About Kevin Ames
Kevin is a talented digital photographer and highly respected expert in digital workflow and digital asset management. Kevin is a Software Cinema author and presenter at the National Association of Broadcaster, the Consumer Electronics Show and Photo Plus Expo. Fotographia Orvieto, Arthouse and The Professional Photographers of Canada National Convention are a small sampling of photography schools and conferences around the world where Kevin has taught. He is the author of Adobe Photoshop CS: The Art of Photographing Women, Digital SLR Photography with Photoshop CS2 for Dummies and writes the “Digital Photographer's Notebook” column for Photoshop User Magazine. Kevin’s articles and reviews have appeared in Studio Photography & Design, Photo Electronic Imaging and Digital Output magazines.
Seminar Registration Details
Individuals interested in attending a Pro Digital Workflow seminar hosted by Kevin Ames should visit www.bluepixel.net/proworkflow to register for an upcoming event. The cost to attend is $149.00 in advance or $169.00 for day of, walk-in registration.
About the Sponsors
- Blue Pixel’s (www.bluepixel.net http://www.bluepixel.net/ ) mission is to teach digital photography from an unbiased, real world perspective by leading digital photographers
- B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio (www.bhphotovideo.com http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ ), the world's leading retailer of imaging products, serves professionals and consumers through a New York City retail store and through direct international delivery
- Digital Railroad (www.digitalrailroad.net http://www.digitalrailroad.net/ ) is an application services company that is dedicated to solving the critical technical problems facing the creators and buyers of digital imagery
- HP (www.hp.com http://www.hp.com/ ) is a technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions globally. The company’s offerings for the graphics industry include high quality HP Designjet and HP Photosmart inkjet printers that produce gallery quality prints in color, and black and white for professional photographers.
- iView Multimedia (www.iView-Multimedia.com http://www.iview-multimedia.com/ ) provides expert help in Digital Asset Management (DAM), which refers to the protocol for downloading, renaming, backing up, rating, grouping, keywording, archiving, optimizing, maintaining, thinning and exporting files
- Lexar (www.lexar.com http://www.lexar.com/ ) is a leading manufacturer and marketer of high-performance digital media and accessories
- Lowepro (www.lowepro.com http://www.lowepro.com ) is globally recognized as the leading brand of quality protective cases for cameras, notebook computers and personal electronics
- OnOne Software (www.ononesoftware.com http://www.ononesoftware.com ) provides valuable solutions to both professionals and enthusiasts in the digital photography and graphic design industries
(First posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 at 13:34 EDT)