Original Source Press Release:
Sigma: New 70mm macro lens|
(Monday, July 10, 2006 - 09:11 EDT)
Sigma Corp. has today announced a new 70mm macro lens destined for the Canon, Nikon Pentax, Sigma and Sony lens mounts.
The Sigma MACRO 70mm F2.8 EX DG lens has ten elements in nine groups, and a nine bladed diaphragm, with an angle of view fixed at 34.3°. It focuses down to 25.7 centimeters, accepts 62mm threaded filters, and weighs 525 grams. More details can be found in the specifications sheet and press release below, both courtesy of Sigma.
|Sigma MACRO 70mm F2.8 EX DG |
| Focal Length ||70mm |
|Minimum Aperture ||F22 |
|Lens Construction ||10 Elements in 9 Groups |
|Angle of View ||34.3° |
|Number of Diaphragm Blades ||9pcs |
|Minimum Focusing Distance ||25.7cm (10.1") |
|Maximum Magnification ||1:1 |
|Filter Size ||62mm |
|Lens Hood ||Screw-in Type |
|Dimensions ||Diameter 76mm (3.0in") x Length 95mm (3.7") |
|Weight ||525g / 18.5oz |
|Compatibility ||SIGMA AF, NIKON AF, CANON AF, SONY AF, PENTAX AF |
Powered by Coranto
|NEW PRODUCT INFORMATION - MACRO 70mm F2.8 EX DG|
The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new MACRO 70mm F2.8 EX DG lens. This medium telephoto macro lens is ideal for both digital SLR cameras and 35mm film SLR cameras. The 70mm focal length gives an equivalent field of view as our popular 105mm macro lens when used on digital SLR cameras with an APS-C size image sensor.
- Special Low Dispersion (SLD) lens and two high refractive index SLD lenses provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations
- Super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Floating focus system provides extremely high optical performance from infinity to 1:1 Macro
- Equivalent field of view to 105mm macro lens when used on a digital SLR camera with an APS-C size image sensor
The design of this lens makes it suitable for taking pictures in all situations from infinity to 1:1 macro, both with natural light conditions or flash.
A Special Low Dispersion (SLD) lens and two high refractive index SLD lenses provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations and produce an exceptional level of optical performance. Sigma's super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting, and helps create a natural color balance.
The floating focus system provides extremely high optical performance from infinity to 1:1 Macro.
A 'Focus Limiter Switch' in incorporated on the lens, improving the speed and accuracy of autofocus by limiting the focus range. A screw-in lens hood is included for convenient use of circular polarizing filters.
* The appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Nikon and Pentax mount do not have an aperture ring, therefore depending on Camera model some functions may not work.