Apple Releases Aperture 1.5.1|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Friday, November 3, 2006 - 11:39 EST)
The new version delivers over 100 fixes for reliability and performance "in all areas" in the 128.6 MB update.
Apple has released an update to Aperture to address "numerous issues related to overall reliability and performance in all areas of the application." The update is not compatible with the trial version of 1.5. Registered users can download version 1.5.1 from http://www.apple.com/aperture/download/.
Following is a partial summary of the over 100 issues specific issues that have been addressed in by Aperture 1.5.1:
• Fixed some issues that prevented keywords from being properly added to or deleted from the Keyword HUD.
• Sorting of keywords in the Keyword HUD is now case-insensitive.
• Improved reliability when importing keyword list from a text file.
• Shift-clicking the Keyword button now correctly removes the corresponding keyword from the selected image(s).
• Multiple keywords applied to a single image and exported using XMP sidecar files now appear as separate keywords when viewed in applications such as Extensis Portfolio.
• The most recent setting for the size of the Loupe is now retained for subsequent work sessions.
• Contextual menu commands for Loupe are now accessible via the the contextual menu on the Light Table.
• Improved reliability when using the Loupe while making adjustments in book and web gallery views.
• Crop aspect ratio is now properly retained after deselecting a cropped image.
• Crop tool no longer reverts to the "1:1" setting when returning to a cropped image.
• Improved responsiveness when making Adjustments when the "Maintain Previews for Project" option is activated.
• Improved responsiveness while Previews are being generated.
• Previews for versions are all now correctly deleted when versions are deleted.
• Duplicating an adjusted version automatically generates an up-to-date preview.
• New previews are now automatically generated for duplicate versions.
• Addressed issue with metadata presets in Import and Batch Change that prevented users from updating fields.
• File naming changes applied during a relocate or consolidate operation are now properly updated in the database.
iPhoto Library Import
• Improved reliability when importing an entire iPhoto Library or selected albums into Aperture.
• Watermarks now scale properly when applied on export.
• Improved reliability when relocating the contents of an entire Library.
• Dialog now warns that consolidating images may revert files to their original names.
• Exporting or relocating a selected group of images while renaming them with a format that uses a counter or sequence now correctly preserves the order of images.
Managing Referenced Files
• Improved reliability when using Manage Referenced Files to reconnect to master images.
• Improved reliability when reconnecting to images that have been moved to a DVD/CD.
• The Mount/Unmount button in Manage Referenced Files dialog now properly updates Volume status.
Lift & Stamp
• Resolved a database issue that occurred when using Lift and Stamp with the Create new versions when making adjustments preference turned on.
• Keywords that are "lifted" and then deleted from the Lift & Stamp HUD are now omitted when stamped.
• Image preview resizes correctly when the Print dialog is resized.
• Changes to Colorsync profile and gamma settings in the Print dialog are now correctly reflected in the image preview in the Print dialog.
AppleScript & Automator
• Fixed an issue that occurred when exporting Versions with Current Version Name using Automator.
• The Extract Metadata Action now properly exports the selected metadata when used in an Automator workflow.
• Fixed an issue that could occur when deleting duplicate versions in List View.
• The Delete Project dialog box now displays the name of the project being deleted.
• Fixed an issue which could cause performance to degrade after deleting Externally Edited images.
• Aperture's database now properly reflects the deletion of referenced images that are stored on a network volume.
Miscellaneous Issues Addressed
• Improved reliability when exporting Projects.
• Aperture now properly validates and runs on 1.8 GHz iMac with NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 graphics card.
• Improved performance when switching in and out of Full Screen mode.
• Aperture no longer allows users to create folders with a period (.) as the first character.
• Pressing Option-Zero now clears rating from Compare image.
• Fixed an issue that prevented images with a "@" in the filename to be properly copied to a Vault.
• Fixed an issue with Autostacking offline images when in List View.
• Captions for books that were created using previous versions of Aperture are now correctly linked.