|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: Leading Image Quality Evaluation Tool DxO Analyzer Now Supports Measurement of RAW Images
New DxO Analyzer version 3 strengthens its leadership as the only comprehensive, operator-independent solution to evaluate image quality from camera phones and digital cameras
Paris, France - November 28, 2006 - DxO Labs today announces the immediate availability of DxO Analyzer version 3, adding groundbreaking innovations to the product's image quality evaluation and analysis capabilities:
"DxO Analyzer provides the most complete characterization of camera phones and digital cameras available on the market," explains Nicolas Touchard, VP, Marketing of DxO Labs' Image Quality Evaluation business line. "Most major vendors, such as Nikon, Samsung and Kodak, already use DxO Analyzer. And leading photography publications, web sites and consumer testing labs around the world also rely on DxO Analyzer for their device reviews."
- DxO Analyzer now encompasses a comprehensive measurement set in a turn-key solution to qualify the image quality of any image capture device. Available measurements include color, resolution (MTF) and sharpness, dynamic range, exposure, noise, flash uniformity, distortion, chromatic aberrations, vignetting - and more;
- DxO Analyzer now works directly on RAW images, allowing measurements at the component level. It is now possible to assess the image quality of the optics and the sensor separately from the image processing pipe;
- DxO Analyzer is completely operator-independent: the proven measurement protocol ensures repeatable and highly accurate measurements independently of the user, whatever the level of qualification;
- DxO Analyzer now complies with all major ISO and industry standards - such as SMIA, MIPC or I3A.
For additional information and pricing, please visit: www.dxo.com
About DxO Labs
DxO Labs is a software, silicon IP and optics licensing company. We focus on advanced research and development in applied mathematics and dedicated architectures for still and video image processing. Our solutions are widely accepted as references in three market segments:
Our ambition is to establish "Image Science by DxO" as a recognized consumer brand synonymous with Image Quality.
- Embedded Imaging Solutions for Consumer Electronics;
- Image Quality Evaluation Tools and Methodologies;
- Software for Demanding and Professional Photographers.
For more information, visit www.dxo.com
(First posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 14:51 EST)