Extensis Discounts Portfolio 8 Upgrades|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Monday, December 11, 2006 - 19:21 EST)
An upgrade to Portfolio 8 is available at a 20 percent discount through Dec. 31 in anticipation of the company's plans to drop support for prior versions April 30, 2007.
Extensis announced today that it will no longer support Portfolio 7 and earlier versions of its digital asset management software "as of April 30, 2007." The company said they will no longer offer phone or Web ticket support for those versions.
At the same time, the company told customers in an email that "as a registered Portfolio owner and a valued Extensis customer, you are eligible for special pricing for an upgrade to Portfolio 8: save 20% off the regular upgrade price."
The email briefly cited some of the benefits of upgrading to Porfolio 8:
• Expanded support for MS Office, DNG, QuarkXPress
• Support for a wide range of Raw camera and pro video formats
• Fast Cataloging -- start working on files immediately while cataloging in the background
• Full Custom Sort -- drag-and-drop, reorder or sort items in galleries and disk folders
• Free online/telephone product support
The discount requires a special discount code included in the email. More information is available at http://www.extensis.com/.