PRESS RELEASE: Kodak Brings Digital Photography to Life at the 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show
Company Unveils New Wireless Digital Picture Frames, 10- and 8-Megapixel Digital Cameras in a Variety of Eight Vibrant Colors and Facial Search Technology that Will Make it Easier to Find Pictures on home PCs
LAS VEGAS, NV, Jan 7 — At the 40th anniversary of the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:EK) announced new products and services that bring the digital photography experience to a new level of personal expression.
“The world trusts their pictures to Kodak, and with the new products and services unveiled at CES, we are making it easier to bring digital pictures to life in highly personalized and relevant ways,” said Phil Faraci, President, Consumer Digital Group and Senior Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company.
- New KODAK EASYSHARE Digital Picture Frames play vibrant slideshows of your favorite pictures and videos that you can even set to music. Available in 10-inch and 8-inch Wi-Fi and 8-inch and 7-inch standard versions, these frames boast true plug-and-play ease and a full menu of versatile features with an intuitive, multifunction remote control. Optional interchangeable faceplates let you match your décor and show off your style. (see separate release for more information)
- The New KODAK EASYSHARE V1003 and V803 Zoom Digital Cameras are packed with 10- megapixel and 8-megapixel resolutions with 3X optical zoom lenses. With the ability to store on-camera settings, a choice of eight colors and matching accessories, you will have a camera you can truly call your own. (see separate release for more information)
- Coming soon to home PCs, Kodak will be demonstrating a Facial Search application that makes it easier to find pictures of friends and family buried on hard drives in folders and albums. Using Facial Search Technology, you can find your long lost pictures and create DVDs, photo books and more.
At the Kodak booth in Las Vegas Convention Center (South Hall/3), the full range of Kodak consumer solutions on will be on display, including:
- KODAK Picture Kiosk family of award-winning self service print kiosks, available in more than 85,000 retail locations worldwide. All new G4 models are enabled with BLUETOOTH and infrared wireless technology for printing pictures from camera phones as well as digital cameras. Coming soon to KODAK Picture Kiosks, the new KODAK Picture Movie DVD will make it one-touch simple to create multimedia picture shows with music in minutes.
- KODAK EASYSHARE Consumer digital camera lineup—including the new KODAK EASYSHARE C653 Zoom Digital Camera, all equipped with KODAK PERFECT TOUCH Technology to brighten and balance underexposed pictures.
- KODAK EASYSHARE Software Version 6.2, with new seamless access to KODAK Gallery online albums, makes it easier than ever to view and share pictures and create photo gifts.
- KODAK EASYSHARE Photo Printer PP350, with integrated BLUETOOTH technology, is the perfect complement for printing camera phone pictures at home.
About Eastman Kodak Company
Kodak is the world’s foremost imaging innovator, providing leading products and services to the photographic, graphic communications and healthcare markets. With sales of $14.3 billion in 2005, the company is committed to a digitally oriented growth strategy focused on helping people better use meaningful images and information in their life and work. Consumers use Kodak’s system of digital and traditional image capture products and services to take, print and share their pictures anytime, anywhere; Businesses effectively communicate with customers worldwide using Kodak solutions for prepress, conventional and digital printing and document imaging; Creative Professionals rely on Kodak technology to uniquely tell their story through moving or still images; and leading Healthcare organizations rely on Kodak’s innovative products, services and customized workflow solutions to help improve patient care and maximize efficiency and information sharing within and across their enterprise. More information about Kodak (NYSE: EK) is available at www.kodak.com.
Kodak, EasyShare and Perfect Touch are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company. The Bluetooth wordmark is owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
(First posted on Monday, January 8, 2007 at 12:17 EST)