Light Crafts Releases LightZone 2.4|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Tuesday, May 1, 2007 - 10:52 EDT)
Several new tools and revised older ones highlight the new version.
Light Crafts has updated LightZone, its image editing software based on the Zone System, to version 2.4. A re-vamped ToneMapper now offers a single slider to edit an image, as does the Black & White tool. A new Vibrance control joins a new Raw Adjustment tool. And the Noise Reduction tool enjoys a new user interface.
The Windows release of the new version now requires a CPU with SSE2 instruction support.
Highlights of the new release are:
• The re-vamped ToneMapper allows the user to re-light virtually any image with a single slider.
• New Vibrance control -- create more vivid color, with a new vibrance control.
• The Black & White tool turns images into great Black-and-Whites with a single strength control.
• New Raw Adjustments Tool -- improve image quality by fine-tuning RAW adjustments.
• The Noise Reduction tool with new UI for faster easier use.
The 13.5MB Mac OS X download and the 26.7MB Windows download are available through the application itself or from the LightZone download page.