|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Pandigital Takes Digital Photo Frame Functionality to a New Level; Intros First Line of Wireless, Battery Accessories
New frames come with PictBridge, clock, calendar, alarm and programmable on/off; New WiFi, Bluetooth and battery accessories let customers do even more
DUBLIN, Calif., July 2 -- One of the hottest consumer electronics devices is now made even better by Pandigital. The company today introduced its new line of Pandigital Digital Photo Frames with a significantly enhanced array of features as well as a new line of wireless and battery accessories.
Award-winning Pandigital frames are already renowned for their high-quality, elegant design and easy-to-use features. The company's new line builds on these capabilities with support for optional WiFi wireless, Bluetooth and battery accessories. Pandigital is selling the accessories separately, so customers can complement their new Pandigital frames with the additional functionality they want. Wireless WiFi and Bluetooth modules let customers send photos to the frame via a WiFi network or Bluetooth-enabled device, such as a mobile phone or PDA. The battery accessory enables the frame to be enjoyed away from an outlet, providing up to three hours of viewing time. All accessories fit neatly on the back, maintaining the frames' sleek design.
Pandigital's new line of upscale frames has been thoughtfully designed with a range of functions that enhance customers' lives. The frames come standard with PictBridge functionality, allowing digital images to be printed directly from the frames to a PictBridge-enabled printer, without having to connect to a computer. As a result, customers can conveniently print copies of photos at a moment's notice.
Other additional features enhance the frames for everyday use. They can be programmed for specific on and off times, ensuring the frame is ready to be enjoyed during viewing hours. This feature, along with the new power-saving option, minimizes power usage during non-viewing hours. The new calendar and clock functions keep customers informed and allow photos, video and music to be programmed for play at specific dates and times. In addition, the alarm function lets customers use the device in place of a dedicated alarm clock and to alert them with music or a wake-up tone.
"Our new frames extend the functionality of our existing frames, while maintaining their easy-to-use design and superior styling that looks great in the home or office," said Dean Finnegan, president, Pandigital. "Our wireless and battery accessories let our customers choose the extra capabilities they want without having it imposed on them. Plus, the new simple-to-use features, such as the clock and calendar, allow customers to enjoy their frames even more."
Pandigital Digital Photo Frames have many features that help customers enjoy their photos and other content. The new frames support auto-rotation to correctly display the image to fit the orientation of the frame and will save it in the requested orientation in the internal memory. The frames support a wide array of image, video and audio formats including JPEG, Motion JPEG, MPEG 1, MPEG 4 and AVI. The frames also boast built-in speakers and a headphone jack, so customers can listen to MP3 audio files. A remote control is included to let customers conveniently access their content.
Unlike some digital frames on the market, all of Pandigital's Digital Photo Frames come with integrated memory, so customers don't have to leave their flash media inserted in the frame. Digital photos, video and audio can be copied onto the frame's internal memory via the integrated 6-in-1 media reader (SD, XD, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro/Memory Stick Duo, CompactFlash, MMC) as well as by directly connecting it to a digital camera or computer via USB.
Pricing and Availability
Pandigital's extensive new line of frames will be available at leading retailers this month. Each model comes with two decorative frames to match a range of decors and color schemes. New models are listed below:
• Pandigital 15-inch Digital Photo Frame (model PAN150-B) has 256-MB of integrated memory, 1024x768 resolution and has a suggested retail price of $299.99.
• Pandigital 11-inch Digital Photo Frame (model PAN111-B) has 256-MB of integrated memory, 800x480 resolution and has a suggested retail price of $229.99.
• Pandigital 10.4-inch Digital Photo Frame (model PAN104-B) has 256-MB of integrated memory, 800x600 resolution and a suggested retail price of $249.99.
• Pandigital 9-inch Digital Photo Frame (model PAN90-2) has 256-MB of integrated memory, 800x480 resolution and has a suggested retail price of $179.99.
• Pandigital 8-inch Digital Photo Frame (model PAN80-2) has 128-MB of integrated memory, 800x480 resolution and has a suggested retail price of $149.99.
• Pandigital 7-inch Digital Photo Frame (model PAN70-1) 128-MB of integrated memory, 480x234 resolution and has a suggested retail price of $129.99.
• Pandigital 6-inch Digital Photo Frame (model PAN-602B) has 128-MB of integrated memory, 410x234 resolution and has a suggested retail price of $119.99.
The new line of accessories will be available as indicated below at leading retailers:
• Pandigital Digital Photo Frame Bluetooth connector/adaptor: Enables the digital photo frame to receive content from Bluetooth devices. It has a suggested retail price of $39.99 and will be available in July.
• Pandigital Digital Photo Frame WiFi wireless connector/adaptor: Connects to an 802.11a/b/g network to allow photos to be wirelessly transferred to the frame. It has a suggested retail price of $49.99 and will be available in August.
• Pandigital Digital Photo Frame Battery Pack: The battery provides up to three hours of viewing time. It comes with a charger and has a suggested retail price of $49.99 and will be available in August. Pandigital currently sells its Digital Photo Frames at more than 12,000 retail storefronts of a variety of retailers, including department stores and mass merchants, in addition to office supply and technology retailers. Pandigital frames are also available at many leading online and catalog retailers in the United States.
Privately held, Pandigital develops and markets digital entertainment products. The company recognizes the growing digital lifestyle market in the U.S. as well as the convergence of media such as MP3, digital photos and digital video and is delivering high quality products to the consumer market that provide the latest in technology combined with contemporary style. Pandigital is headquartered in Dublin, Calif. For more information, please visit http://www.pandigital.net.
(First posted on Monday, July 2, 2007 at 11:41 EDT)