|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Fujifilm's FinePix S5 Pro Receives EISA Award as European Advanced Camera of the Year 2007- 2008
Fujifilm Corporation (President and CEO: Shigetaka Komori) is delighted to announce that its FinePix S5 Pro has been voted European Advanced Camera of the Year 2007-2008 by the prestigious European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA), the largest editorial multimedia organization in Europe, with a membership of 50 audio, mobile electronics, video and photo magazines drawn from 20 European countries.
EISA commended the FinePix S5 Pro as follows:
"The special qualities of Fujifilm's Super CCD SR Pro Sensor provide the wide dynamic range, low image noise and contrast control that make this camera stand out from the general DSLR market. FinePix S5Pro has a rugged body, faster processing, more flexible shooting methods, improved autofocus and advanced flash metering modes. Ultimately, though, it is the S5 Pro's ability to reproduce a massive range of tones that makes it the winner of this category."
Highlight features of the FinePix S5 Pro
1. Image Processing and Quality
(1) Real Photo Technology Pro, which combines the Super CCD SR Pro sensor and the RP (Real Photo) Processor Pro, allows for the wide dynamic range with smoother tonality from brightest light to darkest shadow. The re-designed new Super CCD SR Pro features an optimized low-pass filter that will reduce the noise and minimize moire. The newly developed RP (Real Photo) Processor Pro features two cycles of noise reduction so photographers can snap pictures at light sensitivities as high as ISO 3200 with less noise than comparable cameras at similar ISOs.
(2) Photographers can choose from AUTOMATIC and six preprogrammed ranges, 100% (STD), 130%, 170%, 230% (W1), 300% and 400% (W2), for greater creative control over the FinePix S5 Pro's expanded dynamic range.
2. Toughness and Extended shutter cycle
With its predecessor achieving recognition for its excellent ergonomics, the FinePix S5 Pro will take the system into a different league, using a tough, professional magnesium alloy shell. With weatherproof seals, and first-rate design, the S5 Pro will be a camera truly deserving of the term 'workhorse', equally at home in the studio as on a nature assignment in a humid rainforest. The camera's shutter mechanism will be testament to its durability, as it has been tested to exceed the key benchmark of 100,000 cycles.
3. Enhancement of Film simulation mode
(1) Three new variations of the original film simulation mode have been added (five modes in total) for improved reproduction of natural skin tones to be optimized under various lighting conditions.
(2) With 'Fujichrome' mode, it will be set to deliver images with the rich saturation that photographers have loved with Fujifilm's reversal films for many years.
4. Face Detection Technology for post image verification
At the push of a button, the FinePix S5 Pro's Face Detection Technology detects up to ten faces in a scene immediately after each image is captured. Photographers can zoom in and confirm facial detail, whether eyes are open or closed, focus and exposure on the FinePix S5 Pro's LCD monitor.
(First posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 20:55 EDT)