Lightroom Update Due Soon For Leopard|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 11:34 EDT)
'Soon' means mid-November, according to the product manager.
Adobe Lightroom Product Manager Tom Hogarty wrote today in a Lightroom Journal entry that the company "we'll be releasing an update in mid-November" to address Lightroom compatibility issues with Mac OS X 10.5.
The entry lists the following compatibility issues with the new operating system:
• The Print module may not load
• The Import dialog and other dialogs can "disappear" below Lightroom's main window. The dialog can be retrieved by switching to another application and then returning to Lightroom.
• Lightroom's web module may not provide a visual update after a setting is changed
• The left-side panels in the Develop module may not display properly. Resizing or closing/opening the panels will correct the issue.
• The interaction between Leopard's Time Machine and Lightroom's catalog files is unknown at this time. Running Time Machine backup or restore operations while Lightroom is in use is not recommended until more information can be obtained
User comments following the blog entry cite other issues, as well, including problems synchronizing meta settings, ICC printer/paper profile usage, issues with Spaces virtual desktops and Flash templates, among others.