Adobe Updates Lightroom, Camera Raw, DNG Converter|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Friday, November 16, 2007 - 00:17 EST)
Cross-platform updates address new cameras, not Leopard related.
Late Thursday, Adobe released Lightroom 1.3, Camera Raw 4.3 and its free DNG Converter 4.3. Details follow.
Lightroom 1.3 includes corrections for the following issues:
• Writing XMP metadata automatically has been corrected for performance issues
• Printing with the native resolution option enabled no longer sets the wrong dimension for portrait oriented images
• Prior to Camera Raw 4.3 there was the possibility that artifacts in edge transitions could be introduced through the
Bayer demosaic and luminance noise reductions algorithms. This has been corrected.
• The Canon sRAW format and the Fuji compressed RAF formats are now supported.
Lightroom 1.3 includes the following enhancements:
• The import dialog now offers the option to render 1:1 previews as part of the import process
• The export dialog layout has been enhanced
• A Lightroom Preview Export SDK is available for developers to create and distribute Export Plug-ins.
Mac 42.7-MB download: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3810
Windows 49.9-MB download: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3815
Camera Raw, DNG Converter
Support for the following camera has been added.
• Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III
• Canon PowerShot G9
• Nikon D3
• Nikon D300
• Olympus E-3
• Olympus SP-560 UZ
• Panasonic DMC-L10
Mac 12.3-MB download: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3823
Windows download: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3820