|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Firmware Updates for E-System components
The ability to update the firmware in E-System components; bodies, lenses, flash units; is one of the key advantages of a 100% digital design. Firmware updates are available through Olympus Master and Olympus Studio software applications.
The following firmware updates are now available:
E-3 DSLR body:
E-3 DSLR and E-510 DSLR bodies;
- Dial operation on the power grip HLD-4 has been improved. The relationship between the rotation of the dial and the movement direction of the AF target has been optimized.
- Battery check function has been improved to extend shooting time when the power grip HLD-4 is attached.
- Focusing now stops immediately when the AF start button (AEL/AFL or Fn button) is released.
- Improved performance with the FL-50R or FL-36R flash units when undertaking bounce flashes at short distances.
- The selection and prioritization of the central five ranging points when shooting in C-AF mode and dynamic-single target mode has been improved.
Zuiko 70mm-300mm Digital Specific™ Lens;
- Image stabilization is now available for OM mount non-Four Thirds System interchangeable lenses.
- Stabilized exposure precision
(First posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 at 00:01 EST)