PRESS RELEASE: Sigma launches APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM lens
- Incorporating Sigma’s original OS (Optical Stabilizer) function.
- An ultra-telephoto zoom lens covers a telephoto range up to 500mm and allows short perspective.
- Three SLD glass elements and a rear focus system provide optimum image quality throughout the entire zoom range.
- Super multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting.
- HSM ensures quiet and high-speed autofocus.
An ultra-telephoto zoom lens covering a telephoto range up to 500mm, incorporating Sigma’s original OS (Optical Stabilizer) function.
The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM.
This ultra-telephoto zoom lens covers a telephoto range up to 500mm and allows photographers to bring the subject close and short perspective. Sigma’s original OS (Optical Stabilizer) function offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower. It is ideal for sports, wildlife and landscape photography with handheld shooting. Three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide excellent correction for chromatic aberration. This lens is equipped with a rear focus system that minimizes fluctuation of aberration caused by focusing. The super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range. This lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), which ensures a quiet and high-speed AF as well as full-time manual focusing capability. The addition of the (optional) 1.4x EX DG APO or 2x EX DG APO Tele Converters produce a 210-700mm F7-9 MF ultra-telephoto zoom lens or a 300-1000mm F10-13 MF ultra-telephoto zoom lens respectively. A removable tripod socket (TS-31) is included as a standard component.
|21 Elements in 15 Groups |
|Angle of View ||16.4 - 5 degrees |
|Number of Diaphragm Blades ||9 Blades |
|Minimum Aperture ||F22 |
|Minimum Focusing Distance ||220cm/86.6 in. |
|Maximum Magnification ||1:5.2 |
|Filter Size ||Diameter 86mm |
|Lens Hood ||Bayonet-type Hood |
|Dimensions ||Diameter 94.7mm X Length 252mm |
3.7 in. X 9.9 in.
|Weight ||1910g / 67.4 oz. |
Corresponding AF Mounts
|SIGMA, NIKON, CANON, PENTAX, SONY |
* The appearance, specifications, and the like of the product are subject to change for improvement without notice.
(First posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 at 17:31 EST)