|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Pandigital Cooks up Industry First with Kitchen HDTV/Digital Cookbook/Digital Photo Frame
Leader in Digital Photo Frames Debuts Beautiful 15-inch LCD with Easy-to-Use Technology to Enhance the Hub of the Home for $399.99 MSRP
DUBLIN, Calif., March 13, 2008 -- In preparation for the International Home & Housewares Show 2008 beginning on Sunday, March 16 in Chicago, Pandigital is today debuting a first-of-its kind product that combines an HDTV, digital cookbook and digital photo frame for one of the most-used areas of the home -- the kitchen.
The leading provider of digital photo frames in the United States, Pandigital has a keen focus on home entertainment and digital media convergence. The new Pandigital Kitchen HDTV/Digital Cookbook/Digital Photo Frame allows customers to not only enjoy digital images in their kitchen, but also lets them watch TV and access recipes on the vibrant 15-inch LCD screen.
Pandigital will unveil the new Kitchen HDTV/Digital Cookbook/Digital Photo Frame at the International Home & Housewares Show on Monday, March 17 in a product demonstration and press reception at 9 a.m., booth #S4440 in the Dine & Design Expo.
"As the hub of today's busy home, the kitchen is now incorporating new technologies that have already been embraced in other areas of the home and office," said Dean Finnegan, CEO, Pandigital. "The Pandigital Kitchen HDTV/Digital Cookbook/Digital Photo Frame addresses this new demand with the convergence of three key technologies into a single product."
Several Functions, One Design
The Pandigital Kitchen HDTV/Digital Cookbook/Digital Photo Frame combines several functions into one sleek, well-designed LCD that delivers tremendous space savings. This new product can be enjoyed in the following ways:
• HDTV: This High Definition TV (1280x720 HD-ready resolution) lets customers watch their favorite cooking shows and other TV programming in the kitchen. It supports ATSC/NTSC, composite, S-Video, YPbPr and HDMI.
• Digital Cookbook: Stained, tattered cookbooks are a thing of the past. Pre-loaded recipes are included to make this Pandigital Digital Cookbook ready to use. Plus, additional recipes can be copied onto the frame's internal memory, so customers' favorites are always close by.
• Digital Photo Frame: Enjoy precious photos where family and friends gather the most. Copy them onto the digital photo frame's memory via the memory card reader or by a connection to Google's Picasa photo sharing website.
The Pandigital Kitchen HDTV/Digital Cookbook/Digital Photo Frame was designed expressly for the unique environment of the kitchen. It features the following:
• A mess-proof design that is sealed with glass, so it is protected from water, oil, flour and other common ingredients, as well as from spills and splatters. The sleek design is also easy to clean.
• It comes with a countertop stand and an under-cabinet mount, and is also wall-mountable, so customers can position it where they'll need it most.
• Interchangeable faceplates in brushed stainless, black and white let customers match their kitchen's decor.
• Convenient access to all of the functions with the easy-to-use touch-control interface or the remote control, which conveniently tucks away behind the frame for safe storage.
• 512MB of internal memory stores up to 3,200 pages of recipes or digital photos.
• Calendar and clock functions keep customers informed and allow photos, video and music to be programmed for play at specific dates and times.
• The alarm function can be set to remind customers of noteworthy dates and times, including when it's time for a favorite cooking show.
• The integrated 6-in-1 media reader that supports SD, XD, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro/Memory Stick Duo, Compact Flash and MultiMediaCard.
• Programmable on and off times ensure the frame is ready to be enjoyed.
• Support for a wide array of image, video and audio formats including JPEG, Motion JPEG, MPEG 1, MPEG 4 and AVI.
Pandigital is the leading provider of digital photo frames in the United States according to IDC's August 2007 report on the Digital Frame market. The company has established a significant market share lead by developing well-designed, traditional looking frames that are simple and enjoyable to use. The new Pandigital Kitchen HDTV/Digital Cookbook/Digital Photo Frame continues the company's emphasis on style and usability.
Pricing and Availability
The Pandigital Kitchen HDTV/Digital Cookbook/Digital Photo Frame will be available beginning in June at a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $399.99.
Pandigital currently sells its Digital Photo Frames at more than 18,000 retail storefronts of a variety of retailers, including department stores and mass merchants, in addition to office supply and technology retailers. Pandigital frames are also available at many leading online and catalog retailers in the United States.
(First posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 12:20 EDT)