PRESS RELEASE: Ricoh receives highest accolade at the iF product design award 2008
4th March 2008 - Ricoh has won an iF gold award for its Caplio GX100 digital camera. It was presented to Ricoh at the awards ceremony held at the CeBit exhibition in Hannover, Germany. Peter van der Kaag, Director Corporate Communications, Ricoh Europe says, “Ricoh is known for its innovative digital technology in its cameras, printers and copiers. We are also dedicated to producing products that are designed to optimise performance and are easy to use. It is an honour to be formally recognized for our commitment by such a prestigious panel of international design experts.”
The iF product design award is dedicated to promoting awareness of the significance of excellent design and is one of the world’s oldest design competitions. Winning products are selected by a panel of judges who are experts in the field of design. From the many thousands of products reviewed only a small number are selected to receive the gold award.
The Ricoh Caplio GX100 is a compact digital camera with 24 to 72 mm equivalent wide zoom and with a removable electronic viewfinder. Set to wide-angle it can be used for wide-perspective pan focus shooting and versatile photographic effects. At medium distances, it is effective for portraits or framing scenes. With the freedom to compose and wide potential for expression, the Caplio GX100 appeals to the type of photographer who seeks to enhance his expressive artistry. The optional wide conversion lens requires the easily-connected HA-2* adapter, which also permits attachment of the lens hood and a variety of 43mm diameter filters.
Ricoh Caplio GX100 features summary:
- 24 to 72 mm high-performance wide zoom lens in a compact body (equivalent on 35mm cameras)
- Removable electronic viewfinder
- The 10.01 megapixel CCD combined with an advanced image-processing engine achieves high picture quality with low noise.
- Twin dials and other controls offer wide array of functions such as simple manual operations.
- Excellent expandability with a broad range of accessories for both exclusive use and general purpose.
- Wide-view-angle LCD panel.
- Powerful macro functions
- Compatible with three different power sources: rechargable Li-Ion-Battery (DB-60), AAA batteries (2) or AC-adaptor (AC-4c).
- RAW compression and RAW with JPEG can be selected for ultimate quality.
- An aspect ratio of 4:3, 3:2 and 1:1
- Vibration Correction function, based on a CCD shift method
Note to Editors
Ricoh Europe PLC is the EMEA Headquarters of Ricoh Company Ltd., the leading global manufacturer of office equipment, located in London, United Kingdom and Amstelveen, The Netherlands. Ricoh’s EMEA operations comprise 36 operating companies. In the fiscal year ended 31 March 2007, revenues from Ricoh’s EMEA operations totalled over € 3.3 billion, accounting for 24.5% of the company’s global revenues. Ricoh’s worldwide sales increased by 8.4% totalling ¥ 2,068.9 billion (€ 13.4 billion).
iF design awards
Since its inauguration in 1953, the iF design award has existed as an enduring, prestigious trademark for outstanding design. Companies and design studios deploy the iF seal in their communication campaigns as a visible symbol of product and service quality. And for buyers of design-oriented products, the iF seal serves as a decision-making tool in the marketplace. An iF award is a symbol of a company‘s commitment to innovation and its willingness to face the competition.
GX100 with electronic viewfinder included will be available at £399.99 inc vat.
(First posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 at 15:17 EDT)