Adobe Releases Lightroom 1.4.1, Camera Raw 4.4.1 Updates|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 20:13 EDT)
Apologizing "for any inconveniences caused by the issues presented in the initial updates," Lightroom Product Manager Tom Hogarty today announced the release of updates to the Photoshop Lightroom, Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in and DNG Converter to correct problems found in Lightroom 1.4 and Camera Raw 4.4.
Highlights of the revisions follow:
• Lightroom 1.4 incorrectly modified the EXIF time date field of images that had a metadata update applied. This incorrect modification does not appear in Lightroom or Bridge and is only viewable through third party EXIF tools. This error has been corrected in Lightroom 1.4.1 and all files in a Lightroom catalog that have been incorrectly modified will be corrected on their next metadata update. (Metadata can be updated by selecting the files in the Library grid view and choosing Command or Control+S to save and update the metadata.)
• Olympus JPEG files could render incorrectly in Lightroom 1.4, displaying an artifact in the exported file.
• Any conversion to DNG in Lightroom 1.4 (Windows Only) would cause the DNG file to become unreadable by Lightroom's Develop Module or Camera Raw 4.4 in Photoshop. The issue has been corrected and files can be converted to DNG again in order to resolve the issue for existing files. Returning to the original native raw files is not necessary. The affected DNG files can be selected and converted again using the DNG Converter 4.4.1 available at www.adobe.com/dng/. This process is not required but recommended to ensure that a correct validation value is stored within the DNG files.
• Lightroom 1.4 provided degraded import performance relative to Lightroom 1.3.
• Camera Raw 4.4 incorrectly modified the EXIF time date field of images that were saved as TIFF or JPEG files from the Camera Raw dialog. This has been corrected in Camera Raw 4.4.1
• Olympus JPEG files could render incorrectly in Camera Raw 4.4, displaying an artifact in the exported file.
The Lightroom 1.4.1 and Camera Raw 4.4.1 updates are available
immediately as free downloads at http://www.adobe.com/downloads.