PRESS RELEASE: Kodak Drives Imaging Innovation at Photokina 2008
New Offerings Expand and Enhance Ways Consumers, Retailers and Professionals Capture, Print and Share Images
ROCHESTER, N.Y. and COLOGNE, Germany, September 22 -- Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:EK) today unveiled comprehensive and innovative imaging solutions for consumers, retailers, and creative professionals at Photokina 2008. The Kodak booth (Hall 5.2) includes ultra crisp digital displays, wireless inkjet printing, new film capture options, and high-value photo products. Overall, the company reinforces its mission to provide consumers, professionals and retailers with innovative products and services that help them to make, manage and move images and information, both at home and in the retail environment.
“People are taking pictures in more ways, in more places, and on more devices than ever before,” said Pierre Schaeffer, chief marketing officer, Kodak’s Consumer Digital Imaging Group. “Our job is to make sure that whenever people interact with images – whether they’re capturing, printing, or sharing – they have exciting, high-quality and easy-to-use choices that enable them to share their life stories with friends and family across the globe.”
Make Something Exciting
New products and services from Kodak inspire consumers and professionals to do more with their pictures and take their capture and sharing experience to the next exciting level. In addition to demonstrating the recently announced KODAK Theatre HD Player, KODAK Zi6 Pocket Video Camera, KODAK EASYSHARE Z1015 IS Digital Camera and KODAK EASYSHARE Digital Frames, Kodak introduced:
- The new KODAK OLED Wireless Frame, the first-ever Organic Light Emitting Diode frame, which displays images and videos in ultra-crisp quality for an unparalleled 180-degree viewing experience.
- The new KODAK ESP 7 and 9 All-in-One (AiO) Consumer Inkjet Printers, which take home-printing ease, quality and affordability to the next level with wireless printing and a 10-inch, one-touch control panel.
- The new KODAK PROFESSIONAL EKTAR 100 Film, which is the world’s finest grain color negative film, achieving high saturation and ultra-vivid color for unbelievable detail and amazing high-quality enlargements.
Make Something Special
In addition to enabling people to easily capture video and still images, Kodak offers retailers adaptive and proven photo printing solutions that provide unprecedented ease-of-use, flexibility and scalability. These solutions enable them to produce profitable, high-quality photo products while minimizing cost and complexity.
- Now available in Europe, the KODAK Picture Movie DVD, combines original artist music and consumer pictures into a powerful and emotional movie, playable on any DVD player, in minutes, enabling retailers to offer personalized photo-products.
- Following its market delivery in June, the configurable, easy-to-use KODAK Adaptive Picture Exchange (APEX) has quickly become Europe’s most widely adopted dry-lab solution. The APEX system lets retailers choose the appropriate level of investment and scale capacity as needed, while offering a broad array of digital printing capabilities.
- The new KODAK Picture Kiosk v2.0 Software provides enhanced workflow improvements and new product offerings through offsite gifting solutions. The software upgrade includes new retailer-friendly features such as intelligent upsells, powerful new attract loops and the ability for retailers to enter the world of in-store photo merchandise without major capital.
- Retailers now have access to Kodak’s Graphic Communications Solutions to supply premium-quality photo books to meet growing consumer demand. These solutions include the unique KODAK NEXPRESS Intelligent Dimensional Coating Solutions that reproduces images with a dimensional feel that mimics the surface of items in a photograph.
- The new KODAK Express (KEX) Experiential Store design and the new KODAK Creative Production Software will benefit photo specialty retailers worldwide. The store design concept, which blends consumer shopping preferences with Kodak’s latest products and services and a fresh layout, helps make KEX stores the imaging destination of choice for consumers. The new software solution enables retailers to easily create, manage and move consumer orders both in and out of store with connection to offsite fulfillment as well as new or existing in-store hardware, minimizing capital outlay.
As the world's foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.
To learn more, visit http://www.kodak.com/go/photokina, and our blogs: 1000words.kodak.com, PluggedIn.kodak.com, and GrowYourBiz.kodak.com.
Kodak, EasyShare, Kodak Professional and EKTAR are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company. 2008
(First posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 10:40 EDT)