Adobe Release Photoshop CS4 11.0.1 Update|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 10:45 EST)
Improved performance heads the list of improvements.
Late last night, Adobe released an update for Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop CS4 Extended to address several problems discovered after release. Highlights of the update include:
• A number of issues that could cause slow performance have been addressed.
• Pen barrel rotation with Wacom tablets now works correctly.
• Photoshop now correctly recognizes 3D textures edited by a plug-in.
• The quality of the results of Auto-Blend Layers (Stack Images) has been improved.
• A problem that could result in a crash when pasting formatted text has been fixed.
• A crash that could result from a corrupt font no longer occurs.
The Mac download is 33.1-MB and the Windows download is 35.2-MB.
Updates to InDesign and InCopy were also released.
And if you missed it, we recently interviewed Adobe Senior Engineer Jerry Harris on the new Photoshop, GPU processing and advanced user interfaces.