|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Imagenomic Releases Portraiture 2 For Aperture
Market-Proven Software Tool Brings State-of-the-Art Digital Skin Retouching Techniques to Photographers and Creative Professionals Using Apple's Premiere Imaging Workflow Application
ALEXANDRIA, Va. March 25 -- Imagenomic has announced the commercial release of Portraiture 2 for Aperture. This new product edition brings the power, productivity and creative flexibility that Portraiture has delivered for the Photoshop community to users of Apple's Aperture digital imaging workflow environment.
Portraiture 2 for Aperture is a newly-engineered version that fits seamlessly into Aperture digital image management, editing and output. Special features include:
• Automatic Skin Tones Mask generation and "One-click" skin retouching through a new Preset Manager, which includes image thumbnail previews, bracketing controls, custom preset creation and file sharing, notations and visual history states;
• Advanced Skin Masking controls for selecting, feathering and refining the retouching area, edges and tonal ranges of the selected mask, including real-time previews;
• Enhancement sliders and settings for sharpness, softness, warmth, tint, brightness and contrast control, with the ability to apply these selectively to the mask area only or to the entire image, e.g. for adjusting lighting effects in software;
• Industry-leading non-destructive editing and data integrity preservation for image repurposing and superior print quality;
• Extended output options, including dynamic retouching settings optimized for the intended size of the print output;
• New User Interface selection options, multiple image batch processing capabilities and multi-threaded/multi-processor support for maximum retouching speed and performance.
The release of Portraiture 2 for Aperture follows an extensive public beta test period involving over 1,000 registered Aperture users. This new edition has been put to use as a professional retouching tool in some of the most demanding client environments involving large production assignments requiring accurate skin retouching adjustments -- often in batch processing mode -- to meet tight deadlines.
"The Portraiture Plugin for Aperture is a true innovation -- perfect skin with a couple of clicks," says Jan Florian Maas, Apple Distinguished Professional Photographer and Technical Solutions Consultant (Germany). "Using Portraiture my customers are able to reduce their retouching time from 20 minutes down to a few seconds. The bottom line is any portrait photographer looking to optimize their Aperture workflow should consider using Portraiture," Maas added.
"We are gratified by the reception Portraiture has received to date from the Aperture user community," says David McDonell, CEO, Imagenomic. "The retouching power and productivity benefits of using this tool within Aperture are a natural fit for working photographers and creative professionals. We look forward to continuing our relationship with Apple and to extending our software product capabilities across their compelling range of platforms and applications," added McDonell.
Portraiture 2 for Aperture can be purchased directly from Apple (http://www.apple.com/) or Imagenomic (http://www.imagenomic.com/) for $199.95. As with all Imagenomic products, free trial downloads are available for interested parties to "try before they buy."
Imagenomic is the creator of the award-winning Noiseware, Portraiture and RealGrain software product series for digital photography. Headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, Imagenomic LLC is a privately held, independent software vendor specializing in digital imagery enhancement solutions. Using our proprietary, patent-pending algorithms, the company is focused on creating high performance software tools for retouching, noise and artifact removal, sharpening and other image correction and enhancement processes. Imagenomic's products have been acclaimed by a global customer community and industry peers for their superior processing speed, picture quality and overall ease-of-use. For more information, visit us online at http://www.imagenomic.com.
(First posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 11:27 EDT)