PRESS RELEASE: Epson introduces the new Stylus Photo P50: A great value printer that prints better-than-lab-quality photos at home
5 May 2009 – Today Epson announces the launch of the Epson Stylus Photo P50, the latest benchmark in the evolution of home photo printing. The P50 is perfect for users who want to take control of the creative process, enabling photos to be produced at home that look better and last longer than lab prints.
The Epson Stylus Photo P50 uses Epson’s Micro Piezo™ print head technology which, combined with Epson Claria Photographic Ink, produces Hi-Definition images that last up to 98 years in a frame or over 200 years in an album. Users also benefit from the ability to print borderless photos up to A4 size and even CDs and DVDs can be given a personal touch by printing directly onto suitable discs.
It is cost-effective too because the Epson Stylus Photo P50 uses individual ink cartridges, so you only need to replace the colour used. These individual ink cartridges are easily identified by the ‘Hummingbird’ image and are also available in a convenient, cost-saving multipack.
Designed with the same modern look and feel as Epson’s groundbreaking PX Series all-in-one printer range, the compact P50 fits seamlessly into the contemporary home. Adding to the benefits of the P50’s modern design, its premium finish includes a fingerprint-resistant top surface – drastically reducing the amount of cleaning required and keeping the printer looking sleek and smart.
Epson’s Easy Photo Print software comes as standard with the Epson Stylus Photo P50, allowing for the easy optimisation of any photo, such as backlight correction and red-eye removal. An Epson Photo Paper Pack is also included, so users can start printing high-quality photos on Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper in 10x15cm, 13x18cm and A4 sizes straight away.
The Epson Stylus Photo P50 is an Energy Savings Recommended all-in-one which reflects Epson’s ongoing focus to reduce the carbon emissions associated with the use of its products.
Paolo Marenghi, Product Manager at Epson UK, commented: “Your creativity comes to life with the Epson Stylus Photo P50. It gives you control over how your photos are printed, and delivers results that are better than lab-quality. Offering Hi-Definition images, value and efficiency – it’s the ideal choice for the aspiring photo enthusiast.”
Epson Stylus Photo P50 key features summary:
- Print better-than-lab-quality photos at home
- Produce borderless prints up to A4 size
- Epson Claria Photographic Ink for glossy, long lasting photos
- High speed print head prints 10x15cm photos in approx. 12 secs
- Personalise your discs by printing directly onto suitable CDs/DVDs
- Save money with individual ink cartridges, only replace the colour used
- Start printing photos immediately with Epson Photo Paper Pack included in the box
- Epson Easy Photo Print makes printing optimised photos easy
- Energy Savings Recommended printer
- Contemporary glossy black design
- Fingerprint resistant top surface keeps your printer looking smarter for longer
- RRP including VAT £89.99 – available 1st July, 2009
- For more information please visit www.epson-europe.com
- Recommended ink cartridges. For full cartridge compatibility please visit http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Ink-Toner-and-Ribbons/INK/Consumable-Inks/Hummingbird-Inks
- For more information please visit www.epson.co.uk
(First posted on Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 16:24 EDT)