PRESS RELEASE: Epson launches the new Stylus SX215: the all-in-one with individual inks and a 3.8 cm LCD viewer for PC-free photo printing
5 May 2009 – Epson has today announced the launch of its new Epson Stylus SX215, a compact all-in-one with individual inks designed for printing photos and documents quickly and cost-effectively in your home. Whether you need to print, scan or copy documents or photos, it offers exceptional quality and versatility.
Photo printing is easy, as the Epson Stylus SX215 features memory card slots and a 3.8cm LCD viewer, so you can view and print photos without the need for a PC. Additionally, the product comes with Epson PhotoEnhance which allows you to adjust the colour and contrast of images by simply clicking one button, whilst red-eye can be easily removed thanks to Epson Easy Photo Print.
Alongside this superb functionality, the Epson Stylus SX215 provides excellent value for money as it uses low cost individual inks, so you only need to replace the colour used. These individual ink cartridges are easily identified by the ‘Cheetah’ image and are also available in a convenient, cost-saving multipack.
The Epson Stylus SX215 uses Epson DURABrite Ultra Ink, an advanced pigment-based ink technology that encapsulates the ink particles in a protective resin coating. This makes the ink resistant to water, smudging and can be used with highlighter pens. It also produces superb text definition and lab-quality photos which can last over 200 years when stored in an album.
Additionally, the new push-scan button can be used to automatically scan documents and photos to your PC. You can also use it to scan to PDF or to email and thanks to Epson Easy Photo FixTM you can restore colour, remove dust and correct backlight when scanning old faded photos.
For the best quality photos, Epson recommends its range of glossy photo papers. Available in three finishes – Photo Paper, Glossy Photo Paper and Premium Glossy Photo Paper – the 3, 4 and 5 star rating makes choosing the right photo paper simple.
The Epson Stylus SX215 is an ENERGY STAR® qualified and Energy Savings Recommended all-in-one which reflects Epson’s ongoing focus to reduce the carbon emissions associated with the use of its products.
Richard Aplin, Product Manager, Epson UK says: “The Epson Stylus SX215 is perfect for your everyday printing, scanning and copying needs. It gives you outstanding text quality and lab-quality photos, as well as intuitive PC-free functions and cost-effective individual inks.”
Epson Stylus SX215 key features summary:
- Compact all-in-one printer, scanner and copier
- Save money with individual ink cartridges - only replace the colour used
- View and print photos directly from your memory card using the 3.8cm LCD viewer
- Print speed of up to 32 pages per minute
- Print high-quality documents and lab-quality photos with Epson DURABrite Ultra Ink
- Easily scan documents and photos to PDF or as an email attachment
- Easily remove red-eye and enhance your photos with Epson Easy Photo Print
- Restore colour and correct backlight when scanning old photos with Epson Easy Photo FixTM
- ABBYY FineReader® Optical Character Recognition software allows scanned text to be edited
- ENERGY STAR® qualified and Energy Savings Recommended all-in-one
- RRP including VAT, £99.99 - available 1st July, 2009
- Recommended ink cartridges. For full cartridge compatibility please visit: www.epson.co.uk/Store/Ink-Toner-and-Ribbons/INK/Consumable-Inks/Cheetah-Inks
- For more information please visit www.epson-europe.com
- For more information please visit www.epson.co.uk
(First posted on Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 16:24 EDT)