PRESS RELEASE: PMA Australia show is now “Digital Life Expo”
JACKSON, Mich. – PMA – The Worldwide Community of Imaging Associations – announces the PMA Australia Imaging Technology Show now will be known as the Digital Life Expo. The event, now in its 29th year, will be June 4-6, 2010, at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, Melbourne, Australia.
“After consultations with our show partner, the Photo Information Council of Australia (PICA), we have introduced the change to reposition the show to reach a wider audience,” says Peter Rose, Director of Australian Activities, PMA. “It will also allow our exhibitors to show a more extensive range of products from their stables that go beyond just cameras and accessories.”
PICA President Dave Marshall attributes the name change to the fact “Digital lifestyle products are converging. Home and mobile entertainment are now becoming more integrated with consumer imaging and should become a part of our show,” Marshall notes.
A floor plan draft has been released, with most of the major companies already having negotiated key spaces. Show bookings have been brisk, with eight months remaining before the show opens in June.
Major companies are nearly all in place, and space allocations are now being assigned, first in accordance with the stand size, and then in the order applications are received, according to John Bourne, PMA Australia Digital Life Expo consulting sales manager.
Exhibitor space booking forms and a draft floor plan can be obtained from the PMA Australian office or by emailing email@example.com.
Major PMA events coming soon:
- 6Sight Future of Imaging Conference, November 10-12, 2009, Monterey, Calif.
- Southern California Photo Expo, February 20, 2010, Anaheim, Calif.
- PMA 2010 International Convention and Trade Show, Feb. 21-23, 2010, Anaheim, Calif.
- DIMA Annual Conference, Feb. 19-22, 2010, Anaheim, Calif.
- PIEA Education Conference, Feb. 19-22, 2010, Anaheim, Calif.
- SPAA Annual Conference, Feb. 19-22, 2010, Anaheim, Calif.
- PSPA Annual Conference, Feb. 20-22, 2010, Anaheim, Calif.
- PPFA Annual Conference, Feb. 21-23, 2010, Anaheim, Calif.
- PMA Australia 2010 Imaging Technology Show, June 3-6, 2010, Melbourne, Australia
For more information on PMA events, visit the PMA home page.
About PMA – The Worldwide Community of Imaging Associations
As a professional trade association, PMA® helps the worldwide photo imaging community achieve business success and adapt to new technologies. Its commitment to members in 100-plus countries is part of an 85-year legacy that connects business owners to a network of knowledge and support. PMA furthers this purpose through the development of educational programs, marketing research, publications, and trade shows. As a not-for-profit organization, any success PMA achieves in its endeavors directly benefits the industry, providing the means to continually develop services and activities for members.
(First posted on Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 15:54 EST)