PRESS RELEASE: Kodak’s New All-In-One Inkjet Printer Provides the Connectivity and Value To Print and Share Your Mobile Life For Less
Easy Wi-Fi Set Up and the Latest Wi-Fi Technology Enables Direct Printing From Smartphones1
Rochester, NY, January 7, 2010 — Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE: EK) invites consumers to unlock the photos and documents stored in their Smartphones1 with its new KODAK ESP 7250 All-in-One (AiO) Printer. Featuring easy-to-use wireless capabilities, an intuitive control panel and the lowest total ink replacement cost in the industry2, the new KODAK ESP 7250 helps you share and print your mobile life for less, saving consumers an average of $110 a year on ink based on as few as four pages per day3.
Kodak knows that on-the-go lifestyles need easy solutions, such as the ability to print and share without turning on a computer. The ESP 7250 can print documents and photos directly from Wi-Fi enabled BLACKBERRY Smartphones1, offering the world’s first direct WiFi printing solution for those devices. In addition, users of iPhone and iPod Touch devices can print photos directly to the ESP 7250 through the new Kodak Pic Flick application.
“Kodak is proud to offer consumers innovative high-quality printing solutions that give them the flexibility to easily connect, print and share,” said Susan Tousi, General Manager, Inkjet Systems and Vice President, Eastman Kodak. “Sharing images is key to preserving memories. The new ESP 7250 enables consumers to do that easily from their favorite Smartphone1 and share prints that not only have incredible quality but an incredible value.”
The ESP 7250 joins Kodak’s award-winning line of printers that allow consumers to print vivid color documents and KODAK lab-quality photos4 for less, saving on average $110 a year on ink based on as few as four pages per day3. Kodak prints have achieved best-in-class permanence ratings from the leading independent testing laboratory, Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR).
Value does not come with compromises on the ESP 7250. In addition to saving on ink, the ESP 7250 combines the latest in KODACOLOR printing technology with affordable, premium-quality pigment ink cartridges to deliver brilliant documents and KODAK Lab-Quality photos4 that dry instantly, are water and fade resistant5 and last a lifetime6.
KODAK AiO Printers use Kodak’s premium pigmented inks that come in a simple two-cartridge set-up. Kodak Black Ink Cartridge 10B cartridges retail for $9.99 U.S. MSRP and a five-ink color cartridge, Kodak Color Ink Cartridge 10C, which offers 10% more pages than the current #10 color cartridge, retails at $17.99 (U.S. MSRP). In addition, Kodak announced a new Kodak Black Ink Cartridge 10XL ($16.99 U.S. MSRP) which provides 70% more pages than the standard Kodak Black Ink Cartridge 10B, providing greater convenience for consumers who print more frequently and want to change their ink cartridges less often.
The KODAK ESP 7250 All-in-One (AiO) printer.
Photo provided by Eastman Kodak Co.
The KODAK ESP 7250 offers:
Available in April 2010, the KODAK ESP 7250 retails for $199.99 U.S.MSRP. . Kodak Black Ink Cartridge 10XL and Kodak Color Ink Cartridge10C are available February 2010. Learn more about Kodak’s inkjet portfolio and see how much you’re overpaying for ink at www.printandprosper.com.
# # #
As the world's foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.
To learn more, visit http://www.kodak.com and follow our blogs and more at http://www.kodak.com/go/followus.
More than 75 million people worldwide manage, share and create photo gifts online at KODAK Gallery --join today at www.kodakgallery.com.
# # #
© Kodak, 2010. KODAK, ESP and KODACOLOR are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company.
- Compatible with iPhone (with OS 2.2 or later) and iPod Touch (2nd generation). May not be available on all BLACKBERRY Smartphone models.
- As compared to leading consumer inkjet printers total ink load replacement costs using manufacturers recommended ink cartridges; excludes printers that use only one cartridge.
- Results based on average ink costs of leading consumer inkjet printers using average annual print volumes of 150 4x6 color photos, 800 text pages and 550 mixed color graphic pages using standard cartridges available in single quantity pricing .Actual results may vary, for more information visit www.kodak.com/go/inkdata
- Using KODAK Ultra Premium and KODAK Premium Photo Papers.
- Based on testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) and Kodak internal testing on Kodak photo and Ultimate plain papers. Under all common consumer display and storage environments.
- Under all common consumer display and storage environments. Based on testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) on Kodak papers.
- Based on fastest document print mode using WINDOWS OS-based PCs that meet recommended system requirements. Actual results may vary.
(First posted on Saturday, January 9, 2010 at 13:29 EST)