Nikon D3S firmware v1.01 corrects some issues present in the previous release. Most notably, these include an inability to use certain memory cards (with "CHA" being displayed on the tp control panel), and a problem whereby movie playback appeared to stop inadvertently.
Several changes have also been made to the movie recording function, related to histogram display and to the use of an external display. There have also been some revisions made to menus and help displays for the simplified Chinese language.
Courtesy of Nikon, the full list of changes in D3S firmware version 1.01 is as follows:
- Movie recording specifications have been modified as follows and an issue that, in some rare cases, caused movie playback to appear to have stopped has been resolved.
- When exposure preview is enabled in live view tripod mode, information + histogram display is possible, but the histogram is no longer displayed while movies are recorded.
- When the live view button is pressed with the Audio Video Cable EG-D2 connected, the image is displayed in both the television and camera monitor, but the camera monitor now turns off during movie recording.
- The camera monitor turns on again when the Audio Video Cable EG-D2 is disconnected from the camera.
- Some simplified Chinese menus and help displays have been revised.
- When some memory cards were inserted in the camera, "CHA" was displayed in the top control panel and images could not be captured. This issue has been resolved.
The firmware download is available for both Windows and Mac OS platforms, and can be found along with instructions for its application on the Nikon website.