|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: DxO Optics Pro v6.2 Released With 2000 Lens-Camera Combinations
Support for Canon Rebel T2i and 1D Mark IV, Nikon D3s and Sony A450; Both Mac and Windows support; Exceptional 30 percent discount through June 15
DxO Labs announces the immediate availability of DxO Optics Pro v6.2 for Windows and Mac, providing Mac users with powerful Raw conversion and advanced optical corrections, along with a more intuitive interface.
DxO Optics Pro v6.2 now supports Canon 550D and Sony Alpha dSLR-A450 in both its Standard and Elite editions and the Canon 1D Mark IV and Nikon D3s in its Elite edition.
In addition, 85 new DxO optical modules are now available to DxO Optics Pro users, supporting the following cameras: Canon REBEL XT, XTi, XSi, T1i, T2i, 20D, 30D, 40D, 7D,1D Mark III, 1D Mark IV; Fuji S5 Pro; Nikon D3000, D40x, D50, D60, D90, D700, D3, D3s; Pentax K200D, K-7; and Sony A450. This brings the number of lens-camera combinations supported by DxO Optics Pro to 2000, permitting users to obtain an unequaled precision of optical fault correction.
"The availability of the Canon 1D Mark IV and Nikon D3s cameras that permit access to previously unimaginable ISO settings has represented an enormous opportunity for DxO Optics Pro to utilize its technical expertise," explained Cyrille de La Chesnais, DxO Labs Director of Sales & Marketing for the Photography business. "Instead of being considered as 'emergency' settings that produce poor-quality photos, we have been able to demonstrate that photographers can use these very high ISO operational settings on a daily basis to produce outstanding, high-quality images."
New Features for Mac
Version 6 offers Mac users access to:
• The latest noise-suppression technologies, resulting in remarkably high-quality photos at normal ISOs or even pushing the sensitivity above current limits -- up to one or two stops above the usual settings, without noticeable loss of image quality;
• Manual optics correction control for lenses that have not yet been calibrated and supplementary control of high spatial frequencies for greater preservation of details in an image;
• A user interface redesigned for easier handling by new users and optimized work flow for greater productivity for expert and professional photographers;
• Support for the following cameras: Pentax K-7, Sony Alpha dSLR-A500, Sony Alpha dSLR-A550, Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1.
New Features 6.2 for Mac and Windows
This version brings to Mac and Windows users many improvements in terms of interface and features, including:
• Simplified and improved user interface that makes the software even more intuitive to use;
• A new default preset that offers a better sharpening of the smallest details;
• A new automatic denoising setting that restores even more Raw image details;
• XMP data conservation to allow better integration with Adobe Lightroom; New and improved shortcuts;
• Improved stability.
Availability and special price
DxO Optics Pro v6.2 for Windows and Mac, both Standard and Elite editions, are immediately available from both DxO Labs' e-store and selected resellers at an exceptional discount until June 15:
• Standard edition: $99 instead of $169 (for a savings of $70);
• Elite edition: $199 instead of $299 (for a savings of $100).
All customers who purchased DxO Optics Pro 5 or 6 after June 1, 2009 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 6.2. All other users benefit from the following discounts until June 15:
• DxO Optics Pro Standard (any version) to DxO Optics Pro 6 Standard: $49 instead of $79;
• DxO Optics Pro Elite (any version) to DxO Optics Pro 6 Elite: $79 instead of $119.
Prices exclude sales taxes and VAT.
All systems: 2-GB RAM minimum 400-MB available disk space
• Intel Pentium 4 processor or AMD equivalent (Pentium Dual Core or higher or equivalent recommended) Microsoft Windows XP 32 or 64 bits, Windows Vista 32 or 64 bits, Windows 7 (32 or 64 bits)
• To process Raw images larger than 20 MPixels, a 64-bit operating system with 4-GB RAM is strongly recommended
• Intel-Mac Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
• To process Raw images larger than 20 MPixels, 3-GB RAM is strongly recommended
(First posted on Monday, May 10, 2010 at 10:42 EDT)