PRESS RELEASE: SeeFile Releases Version 5.0: DAM Done Light
Photographers, creative professionals and media companies can now use the full power of the Web while keeping files local
BOSTON, May 26 -- SeeFile Software (http://www.seefile.com) has introduced itse fifth generation of its easy to install, Web-based Digital Asset Management solution. Since 2003, SeeFile has offered one of the first entirely Web-based DAMs.
• Fifth generation of a powerful digital asset management, large file transfer and online collaboration platform in one easy to install and use solution
• Be in the cloud without giving away your files
• Easy access to your media bank from any standard Web browser
• Full usage of HTML5 capabilities for a great user experience
• New user interface and features based on feedback from media industry professionals and partners
DAM done light
Companies are struggling to manage and perform searches on the increasing number of media files. SeeFile offers an alternative that matches the file structure of any folders, drives or servers a company wishes to share with clients and partners. Our solution offers a great collaboration platform replacing FTP servers, email attachments and other limited options to share and review media files.
Designed By Your Peers
Based on feedback from clients in the photography, printing/publishing and ad agency industries, SeeFile has created a complete set of features that matches key needs in different media industries:
• Smart filters based on dates, approval and comments to improve production
• Easy navigation in different folders and collections
• Quick annotations on images and multipage PDFs to improve collaboration and reviewing
• Approval of projects and jobs
• Invite guests by email to preview content
• Transfer large files without the need to install a client application
"We're excited about the new version," said customer Daniel Life, Rat Race Studios, "especially the updated user interface and the ability to email a file link to clients. The new SeeFile UI is efficient in its use of screen real estate and easy to understand. We're even able to drag and drop files directly from Adobe Bridge to upload them to SeeFile, which has made it quick to train photo assistants without wasting a lot of time. The developers of SeeFile appear to have listened to studio photographers and then created a complete solution that fits into a professional workflow."
Pricing & Availability
The software is retail priced from $699 to $6,795, depending on number of users. For customers who don't have a Mac available to act as the server, SeeFile and its distributors provide bundles with Mac Mini hardware. Cloud-based service is also available in North America at http://www.seefile.com/service.html.
About SeeFile Software
SeeFile LLC is a software development company based in Boston. SeeFile has received rave reviews from a number of graphics and photography magazines, including Seybold Reports, Fortune Small Business, Studio Photography and Design, Shutterbug and Big Picture Magazine.
(First posted on Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 10:51 EDT)