Casio QV-3500EX Plus samples posted!|
(Friday, March 9, 2001 - 20:50 EST)
Yamada Kumio posts first samples from Casio's latest digicam...
Our friends over at the Impress PC Watch website in Japan have posted the first sample images we've seen from Casio's QV-3500EX digital camera on their site. There are two pages of sample images, one being the standard selection of sample images Yamada generally posts for new cameras, and the second being specific tests of the QV-3500EX's "Best Shot" modes.
If you're not already familiar with the QV-3500EX, which we were first to post news of back on February 10th, the camera's best shot modes are essentially a quick way of setting up the camera for certain environments. You choose a group of settings by selecting a preset image similar to the scene you'll be photographing, and the camera is automatically configured for that scene. There are 28 in-camera Best Shot presets, and a further 36 which can be uploaded to the camera from a companion CD...
Yamada-san's images are as follows:
Best Shot Samples:
- 4 Indoor photos
- 4 photos to demonstrate flash (left photo has flash off, right photo has flash on)
- 2 macro photos
- 8 photos to demonstrate resolution/compression/zoom. Photos are 2048 x 1536 high-quality wide and tele, 2048 x 1536 standard quality wide and tele, 2048 x 1536 economy quality wide and tele, and 1024 x 768 standard quality wide and tele.
- 4 photos to demonstrate ISO sensitivity settings. Photos are ISO100, ISO180, ISO300 and ISO500.
(All samples shown below corresponding Best Shot menu screen, left-hand photos are normal, right-hand photos are using the Best Shot setting)
- 16: Vivid Green (for plants, grass, etc.)
- 21: Blue Sky (enhances blues)
- 22: Evening Sun (enhances oranges/reds for sunsets)
- CF17 (from CD): Precious Metal (for jewellery and metallic objects)
- 3: Vertical Portrait (for photographing people with the camera in portrait orientation)