Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom4.0 megapixels, a sharp 10x zoom lens, tons of features, and an affordable price!
(Next): Executive Overview>>
Page 1:Intro and HighlightsReview First Posted: 03/02/2003, updated 10/17/03
||4.0-megapixel resolution for 2,288 x 1,712 images. (Interpolated, native size is 3,200 x 2,400)|
||10x zoom lens.|
||ISO sensitivity from 100-400|
||xD-Picture Card memory storage|
||Standard Hot Shoe works with generic flashes as well as Olympus dedicated units|
Note: This review is very similar to that of the Olympus C-740 Ultra Zoom. If you've read that review, you know most of what this camera can do as well. The biggest differences are that the C-740 has a 3.2 megapixel CCD vs the 4.0 megapixel sensor on the C-750, the C-750 has a "hot shoe" for attaching an external flash unit, which the C-740 lacks, and the C-750 records movies with sound, whereas the C-740 has no sound recording capability.
EZ Print Link
Readers have requested free-formatted versions of our reviews (without the graphical accouterments of our page design), to make printing easier. We are accommodating this request with special copies of each review, formatted to allow the text flow to be dictated by the browser window. Click here for a print-optimized page.
|Free Photo Lessons|
In most respects, the C-750 Ultra Zoom is nearly identical to the earlier C-730 model. It's about the same size and weight, and has the same zoom ratio and manual controls (such as adjustable AF area, long exposure times, and scene modes). The main difference between the two models is the 750's larger CCD, as well as a higher maximum ISO setting (now extending to ISO 800), and an external flash hot shoe. Continuing Olympus' stated intent of standardizing on the new xD-Picture Card memory format, the C-750 accepts only xD cards for image storage, whereas the previous C-730 accepted both xD-Picture Cards and SmartMedia cards. The C-750 also carries forward the well-received "My Camera" menu, which lets users custom-configure a broad range of settings to meet specific needs, as well as the full range of exposure options. All in all, an impressive, full-blown "enthusiast" camera with an unusually long-ratio zoom lens included in the bargain.
- 4.0-megapixel CCD delivering image resolutions as high as 3,200 x 2,400 pixels (interpolated).
- 1.5-inch, color LCD display and 0.44-inch electronic viewfinder (EVF).
- Olympus 10x Zoom, 6.3-63mm aspherical glass lens (equivalent to a 38-380mm lens on a 35mm camera).
- 4x Digital Zoom.
- Adjustable AF Area, plus manual and automatic focus modes.
- Shutter speeds from 1/1,000 to 16 seconds for still images.
- Auto, Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Manual exposure modes, plus six Scene modes.
- Spot or Digital ESP metering systems, plus a Multi-Metering option.
- Auto Bracketing, Sequence, AF Sequence, and Hi Sequence capture modes.
- Adjustable White Balance with eight settings, including a manual adjustment.
- Variable ISO setting, with ISO equivalents from 100 to 400.
- Contrast, Saturation, and Sharpness image adjustments.
- Built-in pop-up flash with six operating modes.
- External flash hot shoe.
- QuickTime Movie mode (with sound).
- Panorama and "2 in 1" capture modes.
- "My" mode for saving customized settings.
- JPEG and uncompressed TIFF file formats.
- Images saved on xD-Picture Card (16MB xD-Picture Card included).
- USB cable for fast connection to a computer. (USB auto-connect for driverless connection to Windows Me, XP and 2000, and Mac OS 8.6 or greater.)
- A/V cable for connection to a television set.
- Optional remote control.
- Software CD with Olympus' Camedia Master utility software (includes QuickTime and USB drivers).
- DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) compatibility and print settings.
- Power from two CR-V3 battery packs or four AA batteries (AC adapter optional).
Reader Comments! --> Visit our discussion forum for the Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom!
1 $300 Adorama Gift Certificate
2 $200 Adorama Gift Certificate
3 $100 Adorama Gift Certificate