Nikon CoolPix 775Nikon packs advanced Coolpix technology & superior ease-of-use into a tiny, affordable 2 megapixel camera!
(Next): Executive Overview>>
Page 1:Intro and HighlightsReview First Posted: 07/23/2001
||1,600 x 1,200-pixel resolution|
||3x optical zoom, 2.5x digital zoom|
||Seven pre-programmed "Scene Modes" for great ease of use|
||One-Touch image upload to the Internet|
EZ Print Link
Readers have requested free-formatted versions of our reviews (without the graphical accouterments of our page design), to make printing easier. We are accommodating this request with special copies of each review, formatted to allow the text flow to be dictated by the browser window. Click here for a print-optimized page.
Long a powerhouse in the world of film-based photography, Nikon has made an equally significant impact on the digital imaging world. Combining Nikon's famous high-precision optics with innovative design, the Coolpix digicams are among the most popular digital camera models in recent memory, as are its Coolscan film scanners, which continue to set the highest quality standards in the professional imaging community.
The Coolpix 775 brings several new features to the lineup, including an ultra-compact design, very simple point-and-shoot user interface, and "One Touch" access to the Internet via an external "Transfer" button, which automatically uploads images to Nikon's new image sharing website: www.nikonnet.com. Together they offer a very inviting package for the novice photographer who is looking for a user-friendly entry into digital photography, combined with the sophisticated technology required to get great photos in difficult situations. We expect the 775 will quickly find its place in the popular Coolpix family.
- 2.14-megapixel 1.5-inch CCD delivering 1,600 x 1,200-pixel image size.
- 3x optical zoom (38-115mm equivalent) f/2.8-4.9 Nikkor lens.
- 1.5-inch 112,000-pixel low-temperature TFT LCD display.
- Up to 2.5x Digital Zoom.
- Standard 100 ISO sensitivity setting.
- Seven Scene modes, including Party / Indoor, Backlight, Portrait, Night Portrait, Landscape, Beach / Snow, and Sunset.
- Three JPEG compression modes
- Macro focusing from 1.6 inches to infinity.
- Exposure Compensation from -2.0 to +2.0 exposure values (EV).
- 256-segment through-the-lens metering.
- Built-in Flash with five modes.
- Flexible White Balance with seven settings, including a manual Preset option.
- Best Shot Selection automatically chooses sharpest image for handheld shots in dim lighting.
- Records up to 40-second QuickTime movies.
- CompactFlash memory for image storage, ships with 8MB card.
- Quick Review mode simultaneously shows live action with last captured image.
- User-selectable Auto Image Sharpening.
- Ultra-compact, lightweight body weighs only 6.5 ounces.
- Extensive software package
- Digital Print Order Format (DPOF) compatible.
- Proprietary rechargeable lithium-ion battery supplied with charger.
Reader Comments! --> Visit our discussion forum for the Nikon CoolPix 775!
1 $300 Adorama Gift Certificate
2 $200 Adorama Gift Certificate
3 $100 Adorama Gift Certificate