Kodak DC3400Kodak updates the popular DC280 with a new sensor, lower power consumption, and a new color scheme...
(Next): Executive Overview>>
Page 1:Intro and HighlightsReview First Posted: 10/5/2000
||2.3 million pixel sensor for 1760x1168 pixel images|
||2x optical plus 3x digital zoom|
||Autofocus lens with macro|
||Fast startup and cycle times|
||USB computer interface|
EZ Print Link Readers have requested free-formatted versions of our reviews (without the graphical accouterments of our page design), to make printing easier. We are accommodating this request with special copies of each review, formatted to allow the text flow to be dictated by the browser window. Click here for a print-optimized page.
Kodak has long been a leader in the digicam field, with a product line that spans the spectrum from entry-level consumer models all the way to the highest-end (literally) 6 megapixel professional cameras. Most of their recent activity in the consumer marketplace has been in the middle to upper end of the market, but they're now readdressing the low and middle ranges of their product spectrum. A two megapixel camera, the DC3400 is about in the middle of Kodak's range of consumer digicams.
The DC3400 updates Kodak's earlier DC280 2 megapixel digicam with a new sensor, slightly lower power consumption, while retaining the rich, vibrant colors that made the DC280 so popular. Read on for all the details...
- 2.1 megapixel CCD sensor delivering 1760 x 1168 and 896 x 592 pixel images.
- 2x optical zoom, 6.5 to 13mm lens (30-60 mm equivalent focal lengths).
- 3x digital zoom.
- Fast f/3.0 maximum lens aperture.
- Built-in flash with Auto, Off, Fill and Red-Eye Reduction modes.
- Support for both NTSC and PAL video output signals.
- Combined serial/USB interface for maximum compatibility and high speed.
- Uses four AA alkaline, Ni-Cd or Ni-MH batteries.
- Uses CompactFlash for image storage with images saved as JPEGs.
- Supports Digital Print Order Format (DPOF) for marking images on card for later printing.
Top 3 photos this month win:
1 Canon PIXMA PRO-100
2 Canon PIXMA MG6320
3 Canon PIXMA MG5420