Adobe Photoshop Touch now available for smartphones
posted Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM EDT
Adobe Photoshop Touch has been wildly successful on the iPad and Android tablets, and now the app has been redesigned for even smaller screens, in an edition specifically crafted for smartphones. Unsurprisingly named “Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone,” the shrunken version of the app packs the same controls as the original, just modified to take into account the smaller amount of real estate on hand.
According to Adobe, Photoshop Touch for phone allows you to:
● Enhance images using popular Photoshop features such as layers, selection tools, filters, tonal and color adjustments
● Apply effects and add graphical text for endless creative possibilities
● Edit images as large as 12 megapixels with layers
● Combine images together quickly using the Scribble Selection feature, and easily refine your selection with the Refine Edge tool
● Automatically sync images to Adobe Creative Cloud with free 2GB of storage
Scribble Selection, which debuted in the tablet version of Photoshop Touch, is now also available in this version for phones. It allows you to select part of an image simply by scribbling over it, which sounds remarkably like Photoshop’s venerable Quick Mask. You can also use your device’s camera to fill in an area of a layer with a tool called Camera Fill.
The app costs $4.99, and is available on both the Apple App Store and Google Play. You’ll need an iPhone 4S or iPod Touch 5th generation or newer, or Android 4.0 or above in order to run the app. Check out a few screen shots of the new app below.