PIX 2015 announces its speaker lineup, 30 of the best in the business
posted Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 2:21 PM EST
This year’s Photo Interactive Experience, better known as PIX 2015, is being held on October 6–7th, 2015 at the Seattle Center in Seattle, Washington. Alongside a plethora of camera manufacturers who have partnered up with DPReview and Photo Marketing Association for the expo, 30 professional photographers will be dropping by to share their knowledge and experience with attendees via the re:FRAME Photography Talks.
Today, the speaker lineup was announced and, as expected, it’s full of some of the best names in the business. Reserved-seat passes are available for the re:FRAME Photography Talks if you’re planning on attending. If you won’t be around, don’t worry, the talks will also be live streamed on PIX 2015’s website.
Below is a list of just a few of the 30 speakers that will be speaking at the re:FRAME Photography Talks:
- PIX 2015 Keynote Speaker Cristina Mittermeier: Mittermeier, a Sony Artisan of Imagery, is a marine biologist and photographer who specializes in conservation issues surrounding fisheries and indigenous cultures. She is the founder and former president of the International League of Conservation Photographers and was recognized as one of the World’s 40 Most Influential Outdoor Photographers by Outdoor Photographer magazine.
- PIX 2015 Closing Speaker Brian Ach: Ach is a New York-based Samsung Image-logger/photographer who blurs the lines between editorial and commercial photography. From traveling with Prince as his European tour photographer to portraiture with top celebrities, Ach is equally adept behind-the-scenes, on location or in the studio. His work has been featured in Rolling Stone, People, Time, Entertainment Weekly, The NY Times, and Travel and Leisure.
- David Fitzsimmons: A leader in the children & nature movement, his “Curious Critters” picture books have sold more than 100,000 copies
- Tim Matsui: An Emmy-nominated visual journalist and filmmaker whose work focuses on human trafficking, alternative energy, and the environment
- Brian Smith: A Pulitzer-prize winning photographer who focuses on celebrity portraits; work has appeared in Sports Illustrated, Time and Forbes
- Aaron Huey: A National Geographic photographer who’s captured stories around the world, which have also appeared in Harper’s magazine
- Laura Winslow: Portrait and commercial photographer whose work has appeared in Real Simple, Rangefinder and on HGTV.com
- Ibarionex Perello: Host & producer of ‘The Candid Frame’ photography podcast and contributor to MaximumFun, which produces NPR’s Bullseye
- Rick Sammon: A Canon Explorer of Light, known as one of the most prolific working photographers today
- Lynette Johnson: A family and wedding photographer who photographs those enduring life-threatening situations through her non-profit ‘Soulumination’
- Devin Allen: His photos of the 2014 Ferguson riots have been shared by media organizations around the world, including Time magazine
- Benjamin Von Wong: His hyper-realistic art style captures viewers in a fusion of special effects and innovative concepts
- Max Lowe: A National Geographic photographer and writer who shares his experiences of extraordinary moments, wildlife, people and places