|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: Prosoft Updates Picture Rescue for Mac OS X
Pleasanton, CA -- Prosoft Engineeringhas updated Picture Rescue for Mac OS X, its utility to recover deleted pictures that was introduced at MacWorld Boston. The update fixes a problem with FAT processing.
"It is clear that for the immediate future and beyond, digital photography is indeed becoming the de facto standard for both professional level studios as well as the traveling tourist," said Greg Brewer, CEO of Prosoft Engineering. "As digital cameras become more powerful and smaller in size, the most important piece to the camera is still the pictures that it takes (and has taken).
"Unfortunately, these digital pictures are as easy to lose as they are to take. Deleted pictures, reformatted medial cards and corrupt media cards are all threats to today's digital photographer. In our continuing pursuit of protecting against data loss of any kind, Prosoft Engineering is proud to announce Picture Rescue," he added.
Highlights of Picture Rescue's features include:
• Recover deleted pictures from your digital camera media (single delete or delete all functions)
• Recover pictures from a reformatted digital media card (except XD cards found in Olympus and Fuji cameras)
• Recover pictures from a corrupt digital media card (one that is no longer mounting or showing up when plugged into the camera or media reader)
• Works with all media card formats and adapters
• Recover all types of image files including JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, and Raw formats from Cannon, Nikon, Olympus*, Pentax, Kodak, Minolta, Fuji*, Sigma, Foveon, Casion and Sony. It even recovers AVI, MPEG and MOV movies.
• Performs powerful functions to ensure your pictures can be recovered. Standard directory scanning, advanced file scavenging, and media cards copies are automatically selected and performed when needed for optimum performance.
• View and click on the pictures you recovered to. There is no need to recover every picture found, just the ones you want.
• Select the drive you want the pictures to be recovered to. Picture Rescue makes no attempt to repair a damaged media card, therefore cannot cause additional damage or picture loss.
• Will not recover pictures after a format operation in Olympus and Fuji cameras using XD media.
Picture Rescue is available for purchase online at www.prosofteng.com for $59 or at Apple Stores, Fry's Electronics, ClubMac, MacMall, MacZone, MacConnection and Amazon.com
About Prosoft Engineering
Established in 1985, Prosoft Engineering, Inc. specializes in creating professional quality software designed to be easily used by both novice and expert users. Prosoft's line of networking and utility software products are engineered to empower users to effectively manage their data. Prosoft Engineering, Inc. is headquartered in Pleasanton, CA. Please visit http://www.prosofteng.com.
(First posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 at 14:12 EDT)