|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: AccuSoft Announces Major New Releases of its Popular ImageGear Imaging Toolkits for Software Developers at AIIM
SDKs Feature AJAX Support, the Ability to View, Edit and Convert 3D PDFs and Universal 3D Images & Enhanced Image Processing Functions
BOSTON, Mass., — March 4, 2008 — AccuSoft® Corporation, the leading provider of imaging software development toolkits (SDKs), today announced from the 2008 AIIM Exposition & Conference major new releases of its ImageGear® imaging toolkits. The new releases of ImageGear Professional and ImageGear for .NET offer imaging application software developers many new features to build better applications faster, including support for AJAX, the ability to view, edit and convert 3D PDFs and Universal 3D images (U3D), support for the XPS (XML Paper Specification) file format, and new PDF-A and PDF-X verifiers. The new releases also feature support for 100+ additional digital camera RAW formats, new photo enhancement effects, and support for the DWF file format. Beta versions of the new releases are being shown in the Company’s booth, No. 3049. The Company also announced today a brand new ImageGear toolkit for Silverlight developers called ImageGear for Silverlight.
The new ImageGear releases continue AccuSoft’s long history of supplying leading-edge imaging toolkits to software application developers. Details of the new features in the toolkits include:
“With these ImageGear releases -- together with our new ImageGear for Silverlight toolkit -- we’re providing the developer community with the most advanced, full-featured imaging SDKs available for building applications for users across a diverse range of industries on the full range of platforms, including the ultimate Rich Internet Applications,” said Tom Leone, President, AccuSoft Corporation.
- AJAX support. Allows developers to build efficient Web applications using ImageGear for .NET toolkit. Integrated with ASP.NET AJAX, it provides for optimized page updates minimizing the amount of data sent and creating desktop-like experience on the Web
- 3D PDF & U3D. ImageGear includes native support for the U3D format, allowing users to apply the full power of the ImageGear vector API to load, edit, display, and save 3D drawings. Building upon industry leading PDF support from Adobe, it extends it with 3D capabilities by supporting U3D-based 3D PDF format. Convert 2D/3D AutoCAD drawings to PDF for easy publishing, view animated 3D PDFs, and edit the content in its native vector format.
- XPS (XML Paper Specification) File Format Support. ImageGear provides comprehensive support for XPS documents, including the ability to display, edit content, and access meta-data.
- New PDF-A and PDF-X Verifiers. Easy to use verification API tests PDF files for PDFA/X compliancy, providing developers building archiving/pre-press applications with the detailed report.
- Support for 100+ Additional Digital Camera RAW Formats. Developers building imaging applications can rest assured that they’ll support a wide range (200+) of digital camera RAW formats.
- Additional ImageClean™ Functions. Allows users of imaging applications built using ImageGear to improve the quality of documents with new functions including hole punch removal, line removal, erode, and dilate.
- New Photo Enhancement Effects. Allows users of imaging applications built using ImageGear to add artistic effects to their photos, including Aging, Duotone, Glow, Impressionist and Sketch.
- DWF File Format Support. Provides users with improved CAD interoperability.
Pricing & Availability:
The new release of ImageGear Professional (available for either DLL or Active X) and ImageGear for .NET will be available through AccuSoft and its worldwide network of resellers by mid-June 2008, with pricing starting at U.S. $3,995.
AccuSoft is the leading provider of imaging software tools and technology. For over two decades, AccuSoft has been serving customers in over 60 different countries across diverse markets including medical, government, scientific, consumer and academic. With a proven track record of innovation and product development, AccuSoft has created a portfolio of reliable products that help our customers bring their products to market faster. AccuSoft’s award winning products make it easy for customer to process, analyze, integrate, and manipulate images in over 100 different formats. Learn more about AccuSoft and its products at http://www.accusoft.com .
© 2008 AccuSoft Corporation. AccuSoft and ImageGear are registered trademarks of AccuSoft Corporation. Other company and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
(First posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 at 13:43 EDT)