|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: Renegade Photo Shoots Debuts 'Not Normal' Online Photo Contest
International call for entries to run July 9 to August 6; Panel of Renegade Judges from tech, publishing and imaging will pick winners
NAPA, Calif., July 9, 2008 -- Renegade Photo Shoots, the maverick photo education experience creator, announces an online photo contest to support the theme 'Not Normal.' Photographers are invited to submit interpretations online during the timeframe July 9 to August 6, 2008. Clever images with photo credits will be featured on the Renegade blog, and may also appear in select editorial and marketing on behalf of Renegade.
The photo best representing 'Not Normal' as determined by an expert panel of five judges will receive a gift certificate from Picaboo, a premier provider of photo books and photo cards, one-year subscriptions to Rangefinder and AfterCapture magazines, plus the publisher's latest Compendium of Winners album featuring outstanding images from the 2007 WPPI 16" x 20" print competition.
"The idea of a 'Not Normal' photo contest is completely normal in my view. This one will be interesting," said Bill Hurter, editor, Rangefinder and AfterCapture magazines.
Celebrity Not Normal Judges
• Maki Kawakita, photographer, Maki Kawakita Photography, www.makiphoto.com
• Guy Kawasaki, founder partner, Garage Technology Ventures, www.garage.com
• Brad Miskell, editor, Dogtown Ink, www.dogtownink.com
• Bert Monroy, Photoshop guru, www.bertmonroy.com
• Kristin Reimer, photographer, Photomuse Photography, www.photomuse.com
• Timeframe: July 9 to August 6, 2008
• Submissions: Limit one submission per week; send submission as an attachment to [email protected]
• Specs: 500 pixels wide by no more than 900 pixel tall; 300 ppi
• Display: Noteworthy images will be posted as received to the Renegade blog
• Use of images: Select images may be invited to appear in Renegade marketing and promotional materials with creators' permission
Grand prize winner for best interpretation of 'Not Normal' will receive $50 gift certificate from Picaboo, one-year subscriptions to Rangefinder and AfterCapture magazines, and a Compendium of Winners album
Only tasteful images supporting the 'Not Normal' theme will be considered.
Read complete rules and regulations at http://renegade-pr.com/blog/not-normal-photo-contest/. View entries at http://renegade-pr.com/blog/category/not-normal-contest/.
(First posted on Wednesday, July 9, 2008 at 11:26 EDT)