Adobe Labs Posts Lightroom 2.3, DNG 5.3, ACR 5.3 Release Candidates|
Mike Pasini, The Imaging Resource
(Friday, January 23, 2009 - 15:14 EST)
Support for Nikon D3x and Olympus E-30 added, along with a few bug fixes.
Adobe Labs today posted release candidate versions of Lightroom 2.3, Digital Negative Converter 5.3 and Adobe Camera Raw 5.3. According to the company, "The 'release candidate' label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers."
According to the release notes, the following bugs have been fixed:
• In the Windows 64-bit version of Lightroom an sFTP upload process could cause Lightroom to crash.
• Slideshows could return to the first image randomly during playback.
• A memory leak could cause Lightroom to crash while attempting to process files with local adjustments.
• Canon EOS 5D Mk II sRAW files could process with artifacts in Lightroom 2.2.
• Lightroom 2.2 could cause disc burning to fail for Windows customers.
Additional camera support is provided for the Nikon D3x and Olympus E-30.
This Lightroom release is also available in eight new languages, including Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Korean, Chinese (simplified) and Chinese (traditional).
Note that while the Mac version can be installed alongside an older version of Lightroom, the Windows release candidate will overwrite an existing v2.2 installation.
Downloads are available from the Lightroom 2.3 page.
The new version of Camera Raw and DNG Converter both support the Nikon D3x and Olympus E-30.
In addition, the release candidate addresses "possible artifacts that could appear in Canon EOS 5D Mark II sRAW files."
Downloads are available from the Camera Raw 5.3. The Mac version has been promised for later today.