Olympus Brio D-100Olympus uses tricky optics to build a sleekly compact 1.3 megapixel digicam with excellent image quality!
(Next): Executive Overview>>
Page 1:Intro and HighlightsReview First Posted: 5/6/2001
||1.3-megapixel sensor, delivering 1,280 x 960 pixel images|
||New optical system makes for ultra-slim profile|
||Easy user interface|
||Excellent picture quality for a 1.3 megapixel digicam|
EZ Print Link
Readers have requested free-formatted versions of our reviews (without the graphical accouterments of our page design), to make printing easier. We are accommodating this request with special copies of each review, formatted to allow the text flow to be dictated by the browser window. Click here for a print-optimized page.
Over the past several years, Olympus has been a dominant player in the digicam marketplace. It boasts one of the broadest digital camera lineups in the industry, with numerous models ranging from pure entry-level, point-and-shoot digicams to the incredible pro-level E-10 SLR. With the "Brio" D-100, Olympus has crafted an exceptionally sleek little 1.3 megapixel digicam that's the essence of pocketability. Better yet, they've given up nothing in the image-quality department to achieve the small size, and the D-100 displays excellent sharpness and color rendition, easily competing with more expensive models.
- 1.3-megapixel CCD delivering image resolutions as high as 1,280 x 960 pixels.
- Real-image optical viewfinder and 1.5-inch color LCD monitor.
- 4.5mm lens (equivalent to a 36mm lens on a 35mm camera).
- 2x digital telephoto.
- Available aperture settings of f/2.8 and f/8.
- Shutter speeds from 1/2 to 1/1,000 second.
- Automatic exposure control.
- Adjustable white balance with five modes.
- Built-in flash with five operating modes.
- Continuous shooting mode.
- Images saved in JPEG format to SmartMedia card (8MB card included).
- USB cable for quick connection to a computer.
- Software CD loaded with Camedia Master 2.5 for Macintosh and PC platforms.
- Power from one CR-V3 lithium battery pack (included) or two AA batteries.
- NTSC video cable included (PAL for European models).
- DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) compatibility.
Reader Comments! --> Visit our discussion forum for the Olympus Brio D-100!