8 out of 10 points and recommendedsuper wide field of view and depth of field. very compact size and low cost. great for discrete street photography (use electronic shutter, high ISO, and shoot from the hip level).focus lever can be moved too easily.
I love discrete street photography and my best tool is an Olympus EM10 II and an Olympus 9mm f/8.reviewed May 2nd, 2017 (purchased for $93)
1. Shoot from the hip. I hold the camera in my left palm and use my thumb to press the shutter.
2. I set the EM10 II to use electronic shutter so that no sound is made when the shutter is tripped. Set the mode dial to P, so that electronic shutter setting can be selected.
3. Because the 9mm lens' wide field of view and small aperture, there is no need to raise the camera to eye level to aim a shot. I just set the focus to infinity and point the camera in the subject's direction then wait for the right moment to press the shutter. This is key to discrete photography.
4. In order to achieve faster shutter speed, I set the ISO to 3200. There is little noise even at this setting. The EM10 II's In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS) greatly helps to keep pictures free of blur.
5. My success rate of capturing my subject at the right moment is greater than 90%.