|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
Powered by Coranto
PRESS RELEASE: Wacom Updates OS X Tablet Drivers
Wacom Technology Corp. has posted a new driver for professional pen tablets running on Mac OS X v.10.2.6 & later. This driver works in both the native and classic environment of OS X. For this driver release, Wacom added support for the Intuos and Intuos2 tablets and the older Cintiq models to the existing driver for Intuos3 and Cintiq.
The driver supports the USB versions of all Intuos3 (PTZ), Intuos2 (XD), Intuos (GD) and CintiqPartner pen tablets and the Cintiq 21UX, 18SX, Cintiq 15X, PL-600 and PL-500 pen displays. It can be downloaded from WTC's website at www.wacom.com/productsupport.
Intuos3 and Cintiq 21UX users will find the following improvements:
• A problem with mouse wheel scrolling was resolved.
• The Cintiq calibration reminder dialog correctly links to the preference pane.
• The Cintiq 21UX now supports monitor rotation.
• Numerous localization problems were fixed.
Intuos, Intuos2, Cintiq 18SX & 15X, PL-600 & 500 users will notice the following improvements:
• This driver uses the new OS X preference pane that was first introduced for Intuos3. The preference pane was designed in response to customer feedback to the previous control panel and preserves all of its frequently used features. Some of the settings were moved to different locations to better match the way customers work with the control panel, and all items were designed to be as intuitive as possible. If you have difficulties using the preference pane, please download the Intuos3 User's Manual (available at www.wacom.com/productsupport/manuals.cfm) and read the "Customizing" section.
• The data transfer between the OS and the driver was streamlined and improved to make use of new API interfaces available in OS X v.10.2.6 and to make the driver more reliable.
• The preference pane allows easy recalibration of any tablet that may need this procedure.
• The default settings for the pen side switch were changed. The lower side switch will default to right click, and the upper side switch to double-click. (Note: this will show on a fresh install of this driver, or after you delete the preferences and restart. If you set up custom settings before and now over-install this driver over the earlier versions, your custom settings will be maintained.)
• The driver now supports fast user switching to a FileVault account and for networked home folders.
• The driver supports network log-in.
• A driver start-up issue on some systems was resolved.
• Support of special keystroke combinations (Cmd-Tab, Cmd-Click, etc.) was improved.
• Color picking with the OS X color picker is now supported. Page 2 of 2
• Swedish language support was added.
The release candidate (RC) has passed the Wacom-internal QA cycle and is scheduled for release to manufacturing on July 1. If users of this driver find significant issues, Wacom will seek to fix them and post a revised release candidate for this driver version.
Users may submit bug reports at www.wacom.com/productsupport/reportdefect.cfm. Wacom quality assurance validates these bug reports, but does not provide technical support and usually will not send a reply directly to users who submit a bug on this page. Wacom does appreciate bug submissions and these submissions do help us to improve our drivers in significant ways. If you require technical support, please point your browser to www.wacom.com/productsupport/contact for Technical Support contact information.
(First posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 at 11:41 EDT)