|The following is an unedited press release, shown as received from the company represented. We've elected to present selected releases without editorial comment, as a way to provide our readers more information without further overtaxing our limited editorial resources. To avoid any possible confusion or conflict of interest, the Imaging Resource will always clearly distinguish between company-provided press releases and our own editorial views and content.|
PRESS RELEASE: PictoColor Releases iCorrect EditLab Pro 5.5 Color Correction Plug-in for Photoshop CS3
New version is fully compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS3 and offers native support for Intel-based Macintosh computers
BURNSVILLE, Minn. -- July 12, 2007 -- PictoColor Corporation has released iCorrect EditLab Pro 5.5 Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop CS3. The new version of the award-winning color correction software features full compliance with the latest Photoshop Plug-in SDK (Software Development Kit) from Adobe as well as support for Intel and PowerPC-based Macintosh. Free upgrades are available for registered users who purchased iCorrect EditLab Pro Plug-in on or after January 1, 2007.
New features include:
• Fully Compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS3 Plug-in SDK
• Universal Binary for Macintosh
• Native support for Intel and PowerPC-based Macintosh
• Support for Adobe Photoshop CS3 Smart Filters
• Improved support for Photoshop selections and layers
• Now supports huge documents - images larger than 30,000 x 30,000 pixels
• Enhanced SmartColor technology for improved automatic color correction
Since its introduction in 2002, iCorrect EditLab Pro has become an indispensable color correction tool for many digital photographers and photo labs. It offers a revolutionary, yet simple, straightforward, and intuitive way of optimizing the color of any digital picture. It is also actions-enabled for automatically applying customized correction parameters to a group of pictures taken under similar lighting conditions.
iCorrect EditLab Pro's unique SmartColor approach to color correction involves the following features:
• Auto color balance for automatically removing unwanted color cast
• Custom neutral balance controls for defining preferred "neutrals"
• Auto tonal range for automatically setting black point, white point and gray point
• Auto brightness, contrast and saturation adjustment to automatically correct exposure
• Independent shadow and highlight adjustments
• iCorrect Memory Colors-predefined memory colors automatically correct skin tones, foliage, and sky
• Create, edit, and add custom memory colors.
• SmartColor analyzes image and sets best correction starting points.
• Corrected image is profiled into selectable RGB color space to color managed workflow
• Create, edit, and apply ICC input profiles
• Automatic Black and White conversion
• Automatic Sepia Tone conversion with advanced toning controls
iCorrect EditLab Pro also includes sharpening and noise removal technology for enhanced image quality and productivity. Plus, iCorrect EditLab Pro's tradition of fast and easy color correction and color editing is bolstered by its advanced automatic black and white conversion and sepia toning tools for creating sophisticated artistic effects while adding additional levels of expression to any image.
• Microsoft Windows XP, Vista
• Mac OS X, v 10.2.8 to 10.4.8,
• Photoshop CS2, CS3, Photoshop Elements 4.0.1 (Macintosh) Photoshop Elements 5 (Windows).
iCorrect EditLab Pro may be purchased at PictoColor's secure on-line store at http://www.pictocolor.com for $99.95 as a software download. A free downloadable demo version is available at http://www.pictocolor.com.
PictoColor is a leading developer of easy-to-use, time-saving photo editing, color correction and color management software including iCorrect OneClick, iCorrect Portrait, iCorrect EditLab Pro, CorrectPhoto and inCamera as well as a resource for related imaging products and services. PictoColor products serve digital photo enthusiasts, professional photographers, photo labs, and online photo services. PictoColor is located at 151 West Burnsville Parkway, Suite 200, Burnsville, MN 55337, Tel: 952-894-8890, Fax: 952-894-0784, http://www.pictocolor.com, Contact: email@example.com.
(First posted on Thursday, July 12, 2007 at 17:06 EDT)