PRESS RELEASE: Leica releases firmware version 1.110 for M8
Leica has released firmware version 1.110 for the Leica M8 digital rangefinder camera. This firmware update adds the following improvements:
- 6 Bit lens codes for Summarit-M lenses 35, 50, 75 and 90 mm
- Time shortened between pre-flash and main flash in M-TTL mode with flashes LEICA SF24 D and SCA compatible flashguns
- Function of the central setting wheel on the camera back improved (unintentional scrolling of the menu now prevented)
- Battery capacity display improved
- Change in the French menu: "Marche +UV/IR" instead "Marche avec"
Editor's note: This firmware update and instructions can be downloaded from Leica's M8 download page. As always, please read the installation instructions carefully before installing the new firmware.
(First posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 22:04 EST)