Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports
Although high-function digital cameras now deliver improved picture quality at high-ISO settings, adjusting your lens to a large aperture is still the most effective strategy for action shots. And even if you have to take the shots from a less-than-ideal position, as is so often the case when shooting sports or on-stage action, this zoom lens, with its maximum focal length of 300mm, lets you open up the aperture all the way to F2.8. In other words, when conditions are difficult, this high-performance lens gives you more scope to express yourself in the shots you take.
1. Solid construction for use in harsh condition This lens is dust and moisture-resistant and designed for use in the harsh shooting conditions of professional use. In addition, the operational feeling of the zoom ring and focus ring improve the overall handling of the lens.
2. Flare and ghosting conscious design From an early stage, flare and ghosting are thoroughly measured to establish the design which is resistant to strong incident light such as backlight. Sigma’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting, and provides high contrast images even in backlit conditions.
3. Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) is incorporated The lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensuring high speed and quiet AF as well as full-time manual focus override by rotation of the focus ring.
4. Rounded diaphragm The rounded 9 blade diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out of focus areas.
5. Convenient handling The overall length of the lens does not change during focusing and zooming, ensuring convenient handling. The inner focusing system also eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using circular polarizing filters. A removable tripod collar is included as a standard component.
6. APO TELE CONVERTER
The addition of Sigma’s APO TELE CONVERTER produces an AF ultra-telephoto zoom lens.