|SEA&SEA’s All New 10 Megapixel DX-1G Camera System Revolutionizes Digital Underwater Photography|
LONG BEACH, CA - July 2, 2007 - SEA&SEA introduces the world’s most advanced compact underwater digital camera system available to date. The new DX-1G housing and 1G camera features 10.01 effective megapixels from a high quality CCD sensor and a 24-72mm wide-angle-to-telephoto zoom lens for incredible versatility.
Building on the incredible success of the DX-5000G and DX-8000G, SEA&SEA set out to engineer and manufacture a more technologically advanced, yet user-friendly, underwater system that is ideal for any type of photographer - novice to professional. The DX-1G is the result - offering SLR functionality, performance and features without the bulk, hassle and weight of an SLR system.
Main features include:
- A high quality 1/1.75” primary color CCD with Vibration Correction and an effective 10.01 megapixel resolution, for the best possible images.
- A quick response zoom lens that ranges from 24mm wideangle to 72mm telephoto, providing ideal versatility for framing subjects. 3x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom.
- Shutter response of .1 seconds- fastest in it’s class with power-up of 1.1 seconds and recycle time of 1 second make the DX-1G the class of the field.
- A large 2.5” TFT liquid crystal monitor in a compact, lightweight aluminum camera body.
- Exceptional macro capability of ½ inch (1cm) to 8 at 24mm and 2 inches (4cm) to 8 at 72mm. Optional wideangle accessory lens reduces close focusing distance to 0 inches (0cm).
- Three exposure modes and 2 custom modes available for heightened control over image creativity: A (Aperture Mode), P (Program Mode), M (Manual Exposure Mode) and 2 Custom modes (MY1 and MY2).
- SEA&SEA mode for optimal spot on underwater exposures and an additional 5 preset and 2 customizable white balance controls.
- Manual focus capability for additional control in critical low-light or intense macro conditions.
- RAW shooting mode for highest quality files and image processing in Adobe Photoshop or other available software. Compatible with SDHC memory cards up to 4GB.
- Accessories include: Wide-Angle conversions lens (#SS-52116) available that offers super wide-angle images of 16mm (35mm equivalent), Lens Caddy (#SS-60104), DB-60 Li-Ion battery (#SS-831016) and Battery Charger (#SS- 8 3 1014).
An optional hotshoe mounted LED Strobe Adapter is being developed in order to allow continuous shooting without flash recycle delay. Product information soon to be released.
The DX-1G system (#SS-06581A) has an MSRP of $ 1,049.00 and a MAP of $999.95.
The system will be available in several packages with SEA&SEA’s YS-110 DS-TTL strobe and YS-27DX strobe and accessories.
Equipped with a DB-60 Li-Ion battery and battery charger (standard), when fully charged can capture up to 350 images. Additional optional power source of AAA cells offer approximately 50 images.
More detailed camera and housing specifications are available for download.
Please visit: http://www.seaandsea.com/DX-1G/specs.pdf
Estimated availability in the US is early August, please contact your authorized SEA&SEA retailer for up-to-date information.